Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water from hot water cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Having difficulty with our hot water from hot water cylinder. Now don't have a clue which taps / valves should be on or off.

No hot water coming through to the taps at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20200816_194109.jpg
    20200816_194109.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200816_194119.jpg
    20200816_194119.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200816_195657.jpg
    20200816_195657.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 21
I can't see well enough but does the pipe with the gate valve on the right at shoulder height go to the bottom of the cylinder?
If it does, it should normally be open.
Have you checked if there is water in the tank in the loft above?
Did this 'just happen', or where you doing something when it occurred?

So no waters coming through the hot tap at all or only just cold through the hot ?

Just cold water coming through the hot water taps. Turned off the taps while fixing a radiator leak. The valve on the right does go to the of the cylinder. I haven't checked the tank in the loft yet no.

Did you refill the heating system unless you didn’t drain the heating system

Does the pump run when you turn the hot water on heating ?

I assume you mean this one? It's only turning a quarter turn if that
Yes, I did mean that one. They sometimes seize. If you know that you closed it, then try a bit more force to open it. Obviously I don't know the amount you used when you tried it but it should open. Try it both ways to see if it is open already if you're unsure.
Does that MV (motorised valve) open as it should when you demand hot water?

Reply to No hot water from hot water cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the mains water, turned boiler off (Remeha avanta) and opened the hot kitchen tap to drain the cylinder. After doing the work etc, Everything up and...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi all. This ‘valve’ is at the bottom of our domestic hot water cylinder. Anyone have any idea what it is please? It must’ve been there for many years and seems to be leaking.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock