Search the forum,

Discuss Nightmare time with Worcester Bosch repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes I’ll happily give more free advice!! Seriously, remember people are giving their time here for nothing. Again I’m not being rude Cazza, this thread has leapt from one extreme to the other originally you were complaining about WB, then you were going to contact the CEO, which were it me I’d still do irrespective of whether they’ve fixed it this time or not because of appalling customer service. Now we have got to the fine tuning of a boiler which you can’t do and the chaps giving advice above should really know better as you can’t take your boiler case off as you’re not Gas Safe.

Quite simply you either have a leak or not. Leave it the two weeks you said you would and see if it’s lost pressure. As said above let the system be completely cold before setting your pressure then just monitor it. You haven't even given this latest fix a chance yet. If they have replaced the two valves on the boiler then I’d be very surprised if they are not shutting off properly for potential future isolation tests.

Ultimately this comes down to what you sort with WB as I still feel that the buck stops with them. But if they wash their hands of it then enlist a local recommended engineer to come in and look for you and build a rapport don’t go on the attack with him. Sometimes finding a leak requires a couple of visits, it’s not always incompetence

I know people are giving their time and I thanked everyone in one of my last posts and said I wanted to leave it 2 weeks. But then John came back saying it won't work. So now I am just trying to understand why that is. Thats all Riley! No need to patronise me or say I am ungrateful. I take offense you are saying to me not to go on the attack with a new engineer. I was extremely patient with all the 8 Bosch visits to my property always being polite and offering many cups of coffee and tea. Never once raised my voice or criticised. Yet I do feel I was unfairly treated by them.
Like I keep saying I can't top it up to 2 bar because that is putting AIR into the boiler which will give a false reading.
I thank again all the people trying to help me on this forum and its a shame some people's motive for helping seems to belittle and put others down (as often happens on internet forums just to make themselves feel better because they are having a bad day)

So if the boiler gauge is only reading the water pressure and I'm doing an isolation test with the boiler off (so no water going into the ev) then I should be able to start the test with 0.9 bar water pressure
So if the boiler gauge is only reading the water pressure and I'm doing an isolation test with the boiler off (so no water going into the ev) then I should be able to start the test with 0.9 bar water pressure

Because water is incompressible then if you do the test at 0.9bar, the pressure should drop to 0 as soon as the tiniest amount of water leaks or is released. In practice, there is all ways some small amounts of air entrained in the water so this will act as a sort of E.vessel in itself, the point is that you will have no idea what amount of air is entrained so the pressure may drop to zero very rapidly or very slowly. That is why it is advisable to pressurise higher than the pre pressure as air is compressible and you can get a accurate feel (time wise) for any drop in pressure as the amount of water released will be exactly the same each time.
OK, if you pressurise only to 0.9 bar and you then have NO subsequent fall off in pressure then it would be hard to argue that there is any leak present.

Right I’m out. A leak is a leak. There’s no more benefit putting 2 bar in as there is 1.5 it’s maths. If it drops you have a leak. You have an automatic air vent on the boiler to deal with air. If the Ev is set correctly then you shouldn’t have issue there either.

Just FYI I wasn’t patronising. It’s very easy to vent into the guy coming in to fix someone else’s cock up. Was just giving you a heads up. But as you seem to think it’s now our fault you can’t get it sorted then I wish you luck

Riley I never said it was anyone's fault on this forum.

Many thanks for explaining John. The pressure gauge hasn't dropped from 1.3 bar since Saturday morning (even with a firm flick). So i'm hoping replacement of the leaking valves has done the trick.

UPDATE: The boiler gauge has still lost pressure from 1.5 bar to 1.2 bar within exactly a week. So I've decided to write to Martyn Bridges, top technical person at Worcester Bosch with all that's happened. I will let you know IF I hear back.

Not sure if this is with the boiler isolated or not for the week?. One way or the other the boiler or boiler/system is after losing almost 0.9 litres of water or else air is still being released through the boiler auto air vent.

Hi. No not isolated, just normal. I've started an isolation test this morning. Not adding anymore water to it (1.2 bar start off) in case of adding back in any air. My gut feeling is it's not auto air venting, especially as i've got new lot of inhibitor in the system. The two new isolation valves don't appear to be leaking, so I think they fixed that. I have seen on google that if the pump setting is too high this can cause a pressure loss (something to do with cavitation don't really understand) so maybe its that I don't know if Worcester checked this.
It will be interesting to see, with the two new isolation valves, if there is any pressure loss whilst boiler isolated. But I wrote off to Marytn Bridges because like Bosch themselves told me it shouldn't be me still worrying about it, after Bosch found a pressure drop on the boiler gauge.

I've taken on board what everyone has said. Well I ran the isolation test for the last 24 hours and it dropped 0.15 bar at least. I've just taken 200 ml out of a radiator with it still isolated and it doesn't drop on the gauge. This is telling me its definately the boiler losing pressure. Whether that is because of air still venting 9 days later I don't know. But my guess is its still just going to keep on dropping as that's what its always done.
I wrote to Martyn Bridges but had an out of office reply that he is not back for 2.5 weeks. Just my luck.
I guess I will have to get out my own engineer and send the bill to Bosch because if there is a leak they've caused it?

I've reversed the isolation test and i'm going to carry on giving it the obligatory two weeks, so if after the 18th April it keeps on dropping pressure then i'll know for sure its not just air venting and can update Mr Bridges with the information.

I've taken on board what everyone has said. Well I ran the isolation test for the last 24 hours and it dropped 0.15 bar at least. I've just taken 200 ml out of a radiator with it still isolated and it doesn't drop on the gauge. This is telling me its definately the boiler losing pressure. Whether that is because of air still venting 9 days later I don't know. But my guess is its still just going to keep on dropping as that's what its always done.
I wrote to Martyn Bridges but had an out of office reply that he is not back for 2.5 weeks. Just my luck.
I guess I will have to get out my own engineer and send the bill to Bosch because if there is a leak they've caused it?
I realise your frustration Cazza but seriously how have they caused it?? No one will set out to purposely cause an issue with your boiler. You do realise that there is a good chance that your boiler may just have had more than one issue. I went out to a WB the other day and there were three separate leaks on it. The third was an absolute nightmare to locate and I only found it because of a drip passing through the beam of my torch. Don’t be so aggressive and I’m sure you will get there. If you don’t then keep on at WB but I would not lead with them causing leaks as they will just not take you seriously. Be factual

Well my conclusion is in the last 6 days it has not dropped (hardly anything anyway). Its now been over 2 weeks since WB last came. I've not had the heating on much. But if there was a leak it would have shown even switched off i'm guessing. When I put the heating on next winter if it starts losing pressure again then all I can think it is the pump setting is too high and causing air venting (would explain the vibration noise I get as well). So when I get it serviced next year I will ask them to check this and slow it down a bit. So i've no need to go back to WB. But I am glad I persevered with them and got them back out because on their very last visit they did fix the isolation valve leaks which needed to be done. I don't think my last post was aggressive, I even had a question mark as to question if they caused the leak. Anyway no point in arguing.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts, just glad I can leave it be now.

Reply to Nightmare time with Worcester Bosch repairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock