Search the forum,

Discuss New Worcester Bosch 24i boiler - are these normal noises? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sprintmancolin

Have just had a new Worcester Bosch 24i boiler fitted. It heats up the house and the water lovely.

However, the boiler is not very quiet when it's working. It makes a constant droning noise when it's on (not loud but loud enough to hear). As it is a brand new boiler I was expecting it to be quieter than it is and so now I'm paranoid that something is wrong with it.

My question is simple. Should the boiler be silent when working or is it normal to have a bit of a humming noise?

Thanks for any advice.

If its a new one it's covered by Warrenty, either get your installer back or ring WB.
But I doubt theres anything wrong with it.

Maybe your old boiler was balanced flue so had no pump or fan humming away... The new boilers make a slight hum, but nothing too bad...

Does it do the droning when it's been running for a while and has throttled back to a reduced rate?

Is it louder than kettle boiling / microwave ? Or is it louder than a challenger tank on the motorway?

Thanks for responses. It's like the sound of a microwave or kettle boiling which I guess is normal?

See my separate post about installation by a non Gas Safe registered plumber which might help explain :-(

Cheers

Yeh if installed by muppet slap yourself. Switch it off and get some one off the gas safe website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Worcester Bosch 24i boiler - are these normal noises? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
Just had a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Ri fitted with the magnetic filter. When the system is running the boiler is so quiet but there is a sound of trickling water through the filter, loud enough to hear quite clearly and is pretty annoying. I wouldn't of thought trapped air would sound...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Worcester Oil Heatlslave 20/25 that has started making a fairly loud knocking noise and the the pressure gauge flicks a little when the noise thumps. The hot water still works, I've turned off the heating for the time being. Any ideas on what the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock