Search the forum,

Discuss New Oil Central Heating System in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. I have a new oil central heating system having had solid fuel previously. It’s stopped firing up and I’m not sure if it’s because the oil is low or if there’s a problem. Plumber not answering (I understand, it’s that time of year). He hasn’t been back to “flush/clean” the system. It was installed at the end of October this year. The cleaning fluids are here waiting but I wondered if that could have caused a problem. Absolutely fair enough if the oil is too low (I have attached a photo of the gauge). More oil coming on Tuesday. The radiators are the same ones that were in for seven years previously running from the solid fuel burner. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
D67B6B8A-6204-49A3-9295-19CD99C7F3B2.jpeg

Admittedly the oil is low and is probably the culprit but unless the OP responds we won't know more. Why would someone install a small tank is another question.

Reply to New Oil Central Heating System in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I drained the the central heating, to remove a radiator. After refilling it, the heating now won’t work. It’s a combi . I’m getting this symbol
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock