Search the forum,

Discuss New Ideal system boiler - Keeps losing pressure in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a new ideal S32 Vogue boiler installed recnenlty. Its a system boiler. So i have a hot water cyclinder with a expension vessel to it.

I keep losing pressure and need to top up every few days. No visible leaks that i can see.....however the discharge pipe is letting out water when i have the hot water and heating on. The tundish to the hot water cylinder is also dripping when hot water is on and the guage on the cylinder is getting to 6 bar.

The pressure of the boiler seems fine and steady which makes me think its a problem with the hot water part of the system.

Is it possible an issue with the expension vessel to the hot water cylinder?

Any advice / previous experience would be helpful.

I’m a bit confused by the description.
Is the boiler losing pressure or at a steady pressure?

Any pictures of your setup?
How many radiators/ufh etc make up the system?

Reply to New Ideal system boiler - Keeps losing pressure in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked the system pressure at 1.5bar and the relief valve but the noise persists unless a hot water tap in the house is opened then it stops for a period of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock