Search the forum,

Discuss New Glow worm install issues! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Mrpe

Good day all,
So i fitted a Ultracom 30sxi last year and all worked well. Up until a month or so back when the boiler seemed to stop modulating properly. It continues to fire, ramp up, hit temp and then stop. It does this every few mins....
Weekend just gone my plumber and i (im an electrician, AC and Building maintenance engineer) installed a new unvented 180l dual coil cylinder ready for solar. I fitted a Climapro 1 and also a Smart wiring center using the ebus system. I have a weather compensator to fit but want the system to run fine before i install it.
So far ive had:
System is still not modulating properly?
Climapro heating programme doesn't seem to let you set an off period. You can only drop the temp to 5 degrees over night or during the day while no ones at home?
The boiler shows 10 degrees as soon as the heating and hot water isnt requested for?
And the heating turned on last night which yes it was cold outside but i cant say my landing hit below 5 degrees! ?

The manuals from Glowworm are worse than hopeless as im sure you will agree. Just wondered if others have come across any of these issues and if so how to fix them?

Thanks
Dave

Did all this start B4 you added other controls ? if so call out GW boiler still under warranty, Sorry we cant give information about working on boilers.

Your Climapro is a programmable stat and they dont have off periods, just low temp to turn off.
As to the 10 degrees are you sure this is not 1.0bar??

Thanks to both of you. Im aware i cant ask regarding Gas safe works but im hoping alot of these issues are programme or settings issues.
Im fine leaving it at low temp (5°) to be honest just checking im not missing anything.
As for the 10° yes its definitely 10°. Not 2 mins ago the valve for HW shut, Heating shut off also as demand was met. Went straight down to boiler and sure enough it said 10°. I had my temp probe out ready and flow was 57° and return was 55° by the time i set it up. Only thing 10° near any kit is in the loft where the cylinder and Smart wiring center is..?
Cant find anything saying theres a temp sensor in there. Cant see why there would be either.

Thanks again

Dave

Well heres the part I missed out.... the system has microbore pipe in it also!.
System was flushed and was also treated with cleaner on refill and then drain 2 weeks later and inhibitor added.
Well good news is that the system didnt run last night so thats one thing sorted :)

Thanks again
Dave

Im surprised it took so long to get a comment about it being a Glow Worm :)

Yeah thanks all. My plumbers back to have a look at the weekend so hopefully he can give tech a call as they obviously dont talk to anyone thats not Gas safe, even when you ring them regarding wiring/controls issues....
Just thought id try and get any extra thoughts for my plumber.

Thanks again all

Dave

get your plumber to join up then once he has the prerequesite number of posts (10) he can ask away in the private gas section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Glow worm install issues! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Went to a customer today their glow worm Ultracom 24 HE goes to fire up then cuts out turning the heating pump off, then does the same again before firing and running. Occasionally shows the flame is lit on display but flow temp doesn’t go much past 26. Then if you turn off and try again...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the boiler kicks into that mode, and sits there heating tap water that isn't going anywhere. Sometimes this happens if a cold tap has been used or the loo...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
  • Question
Hi Have a Glow worm Flexicom 30cx-Installed 2010 and regaularly serviced. Last service October 21. Works fine, with no issues. However it has started to leak-though never when the house. is occupied. Went to Scotland over hogmanay for a week and when we returned there had been a leak of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented cylinder. One of the attic rads is in the same zone as the cylinder so just has a "dumb" TRV on it. The two bathroom rads also remain without TRVs and I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock