Search the forum,

Discuss new boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jambo

just a quick one kind of looked at a job on sat morn 16 rads at the moment extension going on with a further 5 rooms with en suites which means 5 extra rads will be no bigger than 600x500 the origional rads are between 600x700 through to 600x1000 no bigger done a few rough calculations on site oh forgot to say all en suites will be running elec showers as its going to be a guest house and they def want a combi two other companys quoted a 42cdi in my opinian is total madness i reckon a 550 high flow has to be a worcester as we are accredited. and the customer is set on a worcester hot water think will be ok for that many outlets its the amount of rads thats worrying me also how m uch 28mm needs to come off this beast before i reduce to 22mm cheers guys

are you all mad up in scotland? your quoting for a guest house and customers want showers/baths and water in spades, no combi can ever hope to do the job. you need unvented cyl and system boiler as a minimum and if the owners are serious about providing a quality service then you need to provide them with a system that wont let them down ie 2 boilers working 2 cylinders to give max supply when full and a backup should something fail. A small guest house I maintain runs 2 vaillant ecotec 630s with 2 210 unvented cyls and this is to provide heating water for 6 rooms, a flat and owners quarters.

I may have missedthe electric showers bit at the start (sorry), but from experience, too many guest houses are overloading their single phase 80 amp supplies with electric showers and need 3 phase supplies to work safetly , so advice them to check on this properly and pursuade them to go for gas and boilers as their custards will prefer proper baths etc, especially up north in all that cold wet weather north of the m25

Last edited by a moderator:
Jambo - your the professional, its up to you to recommend a good system to your customers and explain to them the benefits of such a system. If you offer them alternatives then they will think your the better installer as you have looked in to it properly and explained to them the benefits of each system.

So they are more likely to choose you over the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We need an urgent advice, we have a gravity water system and we are in a middle of loft conversion. We are adding an en-suit in loft and prefer to have a good water pressure there. What we want, is to either be able to run multiple showers at once, or if one person is having a shower, other...
Replies
Views
As the title says. I have been going round in circles deciding what to buy or get fitted (with a raft of various advice).....the short story (so far). I have an old Combi boiler needs replacing and, I am having a new bathroom installed in October but, I want to improve the all round shower...
Replies
Views
I need advice on my boiler please. My Combi boiler has started making a really loud ‘scraping’ type sound when the hot water is running. It sounds like something is scratching or scraping. The hot water then turns cold and only goes back hot if you turn the tap slightly so that the water runs...
Replies
Views
I posted here before several months ago but didn't manage to get the issue resolved due to not being able to test different things. I have a flat on 3 floors: 1st floor - full bathroom, bath with separate shower, toilet and sink 2nd floor - shower room with electric shower, toilet and sink...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We may need to replace our boiler - the OLDER version Worcester Bosch 35Cdi (see images attached) Our home is a 1920's Semi 5 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms 5 x Large (1800mm) Double Panel Radiators 1 x Large (1800mm) Single Panel Radiator 3 x Medium (1400mm) Double Panel Radiators 2 x Short...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock