Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler fitted - Bath taps now not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and have joined as I've recently experienced an issue.

In short, our traditional boiler packed up, so we decided to replace this with a combi boiler. A company came in looked at our system and gave us a quote, which we went with.

The work took a couple of days which included fitting the new boiler and removing all the old stuff relating to the traditional boiler we had. During the time the workers were at our home both of our bath taps have now stopped working. When we raised this to the company, they just said we need new bath taps and mixer. Is it just a coincidence that the bath taps have stopped working?

All other taps are working fine, including the bathroom sink. We just find it a bit odd that they were working fine and then after the work was done they are broken and need replacing. Is the result of having a new boiler, different type of boiler, higher pressure?

Thanks in advance.

It is unusual for this to happen, is this a deck mixer ...taps either side and a central shower ..handset take off in the middle ? often existing hot and cold taps combi taps after a combi conversion can become unstable and need replacing as they need to be balanced. Wait for the collective wisdom to return after work...I will have a think...but please do not be too quick to criticise you installer
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Sounds like they could of missed connecting it to the new mains pressure pipework

Does all the other outlets work

Yes, no water comes out of either tap. All other taps working.

Sorry I left out some other key details. The handheld shower that is attached has water coming out fine.

Uploaded a couple of photos.

Yes the mixer/lever is stiff and actually fell off earlier which is new.

Sorry didn’t mean to sound like I was criticising the installer. Just found it coincidental that this issue occurred the exact same day the new boiler was fitted.

Thanks again

DD1D8755-6792-4DE1-983C-5C732B0E924C.jpeg

AFF5D042-806D-43EA-B48D-8405AB7AA254.jpeg

The lever that diverts the water from shower to taps must be stuck not moving over. The taps must be piped or you wouldn't get water from the shower.

You could also remove the end from the taps there will be a strainer that may have got blocked with debris.

Failing that it's a new set of taps.

Reply to New boiler fitted - Bath taps now not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock