Search the forum,

Discuss New Baxi high pitch hissing sound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I had a new Baxi Duo-tec installed a couple of months ago.

Over the last few weeks I've noticed and intermittent high pitched hissing noise when the pumps running.

If I turn off the CH and then watch the boiler, the CH light and burner light switches off but the the noise stays present until what I assume is the pump switching off?

Should I be worried or ignore it? It's annoying enough to wake me up even though it's not very loud (sleep next to it) . I can hear it when standing under the flue outside. But again, it's intermittent but can hear 50% of time.

See video below, turn volume up.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what the noise is and whether it's safe to ignore or pay someone to look at it?

Thanks in advance

Hello helix,
Why not contacting the gas safe engineer who installed the boiler for you? I would imagine that your new boiler would come with some sort of warranty. If I had someone installing a boiler in my house I would have contacted him first before looking for some sort of help via a forum.

Don’t want to be rude but seems a little weird to me.

Thanks for the reply.

I had the GS engineer from one of these rated people sites.

He "forgot" to fill in the benchmark checklist and after repeated contact and him promising to come back he's let me down.

I just wanted to get an idea on this forum but sounds like the best thing to do is contact another engineer who's not an idiot.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I had the GS engineer from one of these rated people sites.

He "forgot" to fill in the benchmark checklist and after repeated contact and him promising to come back he's let me down.

I just wanted to get an idea on this forum but sounds like the best thing to do is contact another engineer who's not an idiot.

Thanks
To me it smells like the engineer is probably not even registered. If I was you I would call viessmann and ask if your boiler has been registered as the gas safe engineer who you hired forgot to fill out the benchmark. Moreover he is refusing to come back and that’s kind of worrying. If it turns out he is not registered I would contact rated people and report him to gas safe register. I would most likely contact them straight away tomorrow and get them out to let them access if the works done by him are safe.

It is not about contacting another engineer which is not an idiot but registered and making sure you and your family are safe.

Please do yourself a favour and get someone professional out and let them check the installation.

Hi, based in Llanelli, South Wales.

I checked his card number on gas safe register site and it was legit.

Obviously I've lost my warranty now as the benchmark should have been completed within 30 days.

Thanks for support

If he forgot to fill in the benchmark then chances are he forgot to commission the boiler too. The rated people site you contacted him through need telling about this, also gas safe too if you can remember his details. As for your boiler id contact another installer to come give your boiler a check over, hes unlikely to fill in the benchmark but you still need to know your boiler is safe. As for your warranty I believe if an engineer contacts baxi on your behalf, for a small fee they should back date the warranty for you, at least that's what the last rep I spoke to told me.

Hi, based in Llanelli, South Wales.

I checked his card number on gas safe register site and it was legit.

Obviously I've lost my warranty now as the benchmark should have been completed within 30 days.

Thanks for support
I would not just be concerned about the warranty but also about his installation. There must be a reason why he is not returning. I would also ask baxi if your boiler has been registered through the installer as the benchmark should have been filled out and signed by you and him. I still would call either gassafe to let them decide how safe the installation is or a trusted gas safe engineer.

Reply to New Baxi high pitch hissing sound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock