Search the forum,

Discuss Need help with banging pipe from next door in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Needing some help.

moved house a month ago and could hear pipes banging all night, called a plumber and it was due to the water in my house being turned off it affected when the neighbour used there’s, there was water in our pipes so we didn’t notice the water was off, both of us could hear the banging pipes.

now when next door use their washing machine there is a noise like a dunt in the pipes, the plumber cut away spare pipes in our loft and installed a non return valve on both mines and the neighbours water pipe at the stopcock And said that would fix it but it hasn’t. I can still here the pipes dunt, any ideas what this could be? It doesn’t seem to affect the water pipes for the upstairs but definitely the washing machine, not sure about the kitchen tap though.

i can’t tell if the noise is coming from my pipes or next doors but it’s driving me insane and making me want to sell up.

A washing machine shuts off very abruptly, this can cause a shock wave to reflect back along the pipework. If any of this is loose you will get noise, try adding extra clips.
The other solution that can help is to add a “shock arrrestor”, this is basically a mini expansion vessel and it absorbs the energy from the reflective shockwave, thus stopping it shaking the pipework when it comes up to a bend.

Reply to Need help with banging pipe from next door in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hello, purchased a house in February this year and for a few weeks, noticed a loud banging noise which sounds like it is coming from under my sink, but happens when no water is running. I think it could be when my neighbour is either running water or maybe using a washing machine. House is an...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in the main bathroom is opened and closed there are hammering sounds from the living room ceiling. It sounds like knocking. There's no hammering whilst...
Replies
Views
Hi, would anyone like to hazard a guess at what's causing this problem on the ground floor of our house? As you can see, the bottom of both sides of the door frame are wet. The doorway is nowhere near any windows and is positioned pretty much in the centre of the house. Could this be water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock