Search the forum,

Discuss Need help removing bathroom mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

I need to replace my bathroom sink mixer tap but can't remove it from the sink for the life of me.

I've uploaded a few pictures of the tap from various angles. There doesn't seem to be any screws or allen key points.

Has anyone seen a tap like this before and knows how to remove it?

Many thanks
Matt

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

Hi there,

I need to replace my bathroom sink mixer tap but can't remove it from the sink for the life of me.

I've uploaded a few pictures of the tap from various angles. There doesn't seem to be any screws or allen key points.

Has anyone seen a tap like this before and knows how to remove it?

Many thanks
Matt

View attachment 38598

View attachment 38599

View attachment 38600
Underneath at the rear will be
usually a couple of flexi hoses supplying live
hot and cold which will need isolating. Then there will be a hexagonal long nut which can be undone using a flat head screwdriver usually, then you can withdraw the assembly from the top. Centralheatking
you can use a mirror to check otherwise do as RPM
suggests

Reply to Need help removing bathroom mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I have a wall mounted bathroom tap that leaks. Presumably I need a washer of sorts replaced. I cannot work out which tool I need to remove the tap. There is a small hole (8mm?) to the side but I can’t seem to get a fixing from either a alum key or screwdriver. Ever hopeful…? Matt
Replies
Views
I'm a council tenant and my bathroom basin is broken and needs replacing, it has standard pillar taps. Do you know if councils would ever replace it with a mixer tap one if I paid the difference? (I'm guessing no but it's worth a try). How much more complicated and time consuming is it to...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the cartridge as the usual 32mm nut is recessed and I cannot get to it. The tap is from screwfix ( NIAGARA WATERFALL BASIN MONO MIXER TAP) I have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock