Search the forum,

Discuss Motorized Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumbers _plum

Evening all!

Does anybody know how many motorized valves are needed for a sealed system?

At least 2 on all new systems or if changing cylinder, at least 1 on existing systems

7 radiators, 1 towel rail radiator, glow worm system boiler, mega flow...................2 motorized valves enough? 2port?

I'm learning the trade, studying level 1 at the moment. Have got a work experience placement and this is my project. new install.

you better off asking your mentor :) he will show you and he will explain to you

doesnt your books tell you about zones and controls and thermostats ??

I have asked and he told me to find out which I guess is a good thing. He may be testing me. The book the college have provided is not very good according to my mentor, he has told which book to get, just waiting for delivery from amazon

is he a plumber or electrician ? if he does not tell you first how by reading it it will make sense to you !!!

He needs to explain more to you, it's all dependant on the size and requirements of the system. Just telling you to find out is a bit naff!

depends on the floor area of the property, have a look at your building regs for starters and latestest reqirements which can mean having 1 valve per floor etc etc

To give you some pointers,
You need motorised valves to control each circuit & often pumped hot water circuit to any type of hot cylinder, if fitted.
You need to control each floor usually.
You need more than one circuit on a floor if it exceeds a certain area, for building regs.
Also, take a look at what is supplied with a Megaflow (or any unvented cylinder).

Is it a college paper assignment or has some loony let you loose with an unvented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Motorized Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning, Does anybody know what happens to a solar thermal flat panels (a pair on south facing slate roof) that have been unused for at least 12 months possibly year before also. System has been switched of due to loss of pressure. How will last years heat wave conditions have effected the panel...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock