Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer Tap spout fitting wrong size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

muchtie

Any advice as to how to drill / ream a brass mixer tap spot spigot.

I've fitted 2 mixer tap units into bathroom wall. The tap spout fits into a central spout spigot with usual brass/ plastic / o rings making the seal. Foolishly I didn't check both fittings for size. but first one pushed in straight from the box.
when fitting the second spout discovered that the moulding had a lip slightly greater than the first unit and I can't push the spout into the spigot!! The big problem is that both units are now installed in the wall and plastered over , access at the rear is also extremely tight, so I'm reluctant to remove the fittings. Have contacted the suppliers and await their comments, but I bought these fitting over 6 months ago.
The Spout is 16mm diameter and the mixer spigot is 15mm. Is it worth trying to drill out the fitting with a hand drill to increase the bore size. Fitting appears to be brass.

any help appreciated

Can you post a photo so we can get a better understanding of this?

Agree with sys, pics would help.

Are you sure they are not mixed up, try the second one in the first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer Tap spout fitting wrong size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to upgrade both but the cold side insert will not shift at all. It genuinely is so tight that I am in danger of damaging the mounting even though I am...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am after a bit of advice on a leaking mixer tap in the kitchen. Water is leaking from the area highlighted and varies with the amount of water pressure when using the taps, that might seem obvious, but I am not DIY minded :). I have removed the mixer and replaced both O rings on the...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
I have lived at this house for over 10 years and it has been interesting keeping things working. The latest issue is a weeping kitchen mixer tap. Probably been gently weeping since I moved in but always blamed the slight damp on somthing else. Took it apart and look what I found. Standard tap...
Replies
Views
My kitchen mixer tap (Franke Zurich) has developed a drip. Presumably the cartridge (hot) has started to wear out. It is one that I replaced about 3 and half yrs ago for the same reason (not sure how old its predecessor was as we inherited it). Doesn't seem a particularly great lifespan, but I'm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock