Search the forum,

Discuss Mira Mixer Shower No Hot Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TDA

Please can someone help! I think ( am not sure) I have a mira (defo mira) it is either power shower, or mixer shower, its stainless steele plumbed into wall. Gas boiler provides the hot water.

This morning I used it, it was fine, although when I went to switch it off it just kept dribbling, but this stopped eventually. Then my son tried to use it and it wouldn't come on at all. I managed to twist the dial to get it to come on, however it is lovely and powerful, but there is no hot water. The shower just has the dial to turn on water and the one for the temperature.

The gas boiler provides hot water to taps, c heating, etc and all of these are working. It is just the shower that has no hot water as i've checked.

Does anyone have any advice as to what this could be, as I am unsure whether I need to get out our usual heating services firm for the boiler, or to find a plumber to look at the shower itself.

Thank you for your advice in advance, as I just have no clue what the issue could be, but am assuming it is shower related, as the boiler is working for everything else. It is a Worcester 28CDI boiler.

Hi, please could I ask what a sear clip is and is this something in the shower, or the boiler?

It's a clip on the spindle
Take the cover off and it should be a round brass coloured round clip
That's only a maybe it has come loose

well i've restored the hot water by taking the shower apart, the boiler kicks in. however the first time I put it back together I couldn't regulate the temperature it was too hot. So, I took it apart again fiddled with a black valve in it (after taking out a purple cog that was screwed in, and then put it back together and I couldn't switch the shower water off. Took it apart again, still couldn't regulate the temperature and then when I tried to turn it off the water wouldn't go off. Took apart again, and this time finally got water turned off and now can't switch the darn thing on at all!

Am pleased to have restored the hot water, but what have I done wrong as in any ideas why I can no longer regulate the temperature firstly and now why won't it switch on at all?

shower 005.jpgshower 007.jpgshower 002.jpgshower 004.jpgshower 003.jpgshower 006.jpg
pencil.png

above are it in various states of undress, the last photo is it with all the bits taken off. Thank you for your help, you really are very kind, I am grateful.

It looks like it's themostatic in witch case I'd say you need a new cartridge

that is so bizarre, as I thought i've have a quick look on ebay, and that is what I am now looking at right at this second, as i've worked out from looking at many pictures it's a Mira Excel shower manufactured between 1996-2003, and have found a brand new one. If I turn the water to the house off, do you think I could easily fit it myself?

that is so bizarre, as I thought i've have a quick look on ebay, and that is what I am now looking at right at this second, as i've worked out from looking at many pictures it's a Mira Excel shower manufactured between 1996-2003, and have found a brand new one. If I turn the water to the house off, do you think I could easily fit it myself?

Yes mate very easy to replace should be problem to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mira Mixer Shower No Hot Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock