Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo suddenly stopped heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

izzyk

I've had a megaflo for many years without problems. Serviced (fairly) regularly.
It has suddenly stopped producing hot water. The pressure is good but the water is cold. I've noticed the outlet pipe feels warm and you get a couple of seconds of warm water then it goes cold. Leave it for a while and it heats up a tiny bit again, but it doesn't seem to call on the boiler at all. Could this point to a fault in the wiring?

I've regenerated the air bubble as suggested.

We've had building and plumbing work going on in the rest of the house so that could be the cause.

Waiting for my plumber to get back to me, but I just wanted to see if it could be anything simple.

Thanks.

Hi. If its heated other than an immersion heater (which also has a cut out high limit stat) The flow pipe feeding the heat exchanger coil within the vessel will be fitted with a 2 port motorized valve. This is wired via a high limit stat to protect the water from reaching high temp and entering a dangerous condition. Other than flow and return circulation problems, this valve is an area i would investigate and why it may have shut. Good Luck

Thanks. I've decided to play safe and call out the heatre sadia engineer. I'll post back what the problem turned out to be. Thanks again.

It turned out to be that the diverter motor had gone. Now that it's been replaced the system works fine. I think that's what justlead1 referred to.
I had forgotten that there was an immersion element as a backup, so I could have had hot water while the system was broken. I'll try to remember next time (if there ever is one).
Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflo suddenly stopped heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct. We had a Megaflo and boiler professionally installed as part of a renovation a couple of years ago. I will add all of the pipework was done by this...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
G
Recently we had reason to replace our boiler. It was on the blink and you could only con it into coming on by first turning on the hot water and then the heating. Whilst waiting for the installation one day randomly the electric shower stopped heating the water. It flashed low pressure -...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock