Search the forum,

Discuss Manually turn on central heating when wifi down with Nest ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

My daughter's wifi has gone down, all of south west London Virgin users have no wifi for past 3 days due to someone cutting a cable.
She has just moved into a house with Nest installed and is using underfloor heating to get heat.

Does anyone know how to manually turn on the heating with the Nest.

I know nothing about Nest but am visiting her tomorrow and hope to be able to help.

Best wishes Merry Xmas

Just press large button on the link box - not the thermostat. This switches on both heating and hot water and ignores timer. Press it again to switch it all off.
[automerge]1577039011[/automerge]
Just to update

press the big button marked nest on the link box in the attached photo. The colour of the light changes.
Press it again to switch back.

N.B. need to do this manually as it does not use the timers
C5B2E320-84E9-40DE-AD46-547C67E09B8C.jpeg
C5B2E320-84E9-40DE-AD46-547C67E09B8C.jpeg
[automerge]1577040536[/automerge]
Further thoughts are the system will possibly work with no problems. You won’t be able to change schedules using pc etc but even then you might be able to change these using the nest thermostat.

I gave you worst case above which will work provided the link box is working.(Uses hard wire)

Last edited:

Reply to Manually turn on central heating when wifi down with Nest ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
hello experts, I am not a DIY plumber, just a home owner who had a plumber come in to fix a couple of things at home. But doing all of this, he may or may not have introduced a new problem which I wanted to get advice on from you experts Every night since the plumbers visit, the central...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, thx in advance if anyone has any ideas I've got a Worcester Bosch combi with Hive thermostat. Whenever the central heating turns on I get a beep like a gameshow buzzer, and then little rumble. Does the same when turning off. Never does this for just hot water. I had British Gas come out a...
Replies
Views
GL7781
G
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock