Search the forum,

Discuss Macerator below toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got a basement shower room to do.

Its ta going to need a macerator. The customer wants a low level tray, and to do this they have left out a channel 6 inch below the back of the toilet. The macerator will go in that and the shower waste can run to it.
Can this be done, so that the macerator is lower than the toilet? If so which one do I need.

RPM.jpg

Shouldn`t really be done that way but can be done and doubt any manufacture will honour the warranty as for which one the killer point is the vertical lift limit of the chosen macerator and the customers depth of pocket.

Last edited:
Was looking at a side entry macerator for the soil connection, this would be lower than the wc. The discharge is only going 2m vertical and about 1m horizontal, before it meets the stack.

In a unit 2ft to the right of the wc.

On behalf of the guy that will follow you one day can I ask that you support the pipe from pan to pump so that it wont fall off the pan when the pump is removed one day and can you allow another +50% height above the pump to allow the pump/motor to be withdrawn from the tank.

On behalf of the guy that will follow you one day can I ask that you support the pipe from pan to pump so that it wont fall off the pan when the pump is removed one day and can you allow another +50% height above the pump to allow the pump/motor to be withdrawn from the tank.
Will do. Thanks for the advice .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Macerator below toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not very convenient. I’ll be looking to sell on once completed and people basically expect a bathroom per bedroom these days 🙄 so need to get creative. As...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I am at the design stage of having a En-Suite built and have an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. For long and complex reasons I have to have a macerator and that needs to sit behind a close coupled toilet. this will take the waste from a sink, shower and toilet. Saniflow say I need...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm reworking our ensuite which is next door to the main bathroom. I want to connect the new toilet into the existing soil pipe which runs directly under it. See the picture below for the layout. Can I simply put a strap boss on to the existing soil pipe or is there anything I should...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock