Search the forum,

Discuss Low water pressure by day, strong pressure by night in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Uberalles1982

Hi, have found this forum especially for this annoying issue.

About 3 months ago the water pressure in the shower dropped for seemingly no reason. During the day, from 7am - 7pmish, hot water taps throughout the flat are poor, worst in the shower. The cold taps are better but not as good as they were. During the other times of day the water pressure is too strong with a bit of a rattle coming possibly from the taps.

I have a had a plumber over to look at it who thought the boiler may have had pipes wired in the wrong way round. A handyman suggests its a boiler issue. Just been talking to a boiler repair man who thinks it could be the water company or building shutting lowering the pressure during these times.

Any ideas?

Dan

Hi welcome to the forum. How big is the block? How many flats? Are a lot of the people in during the day?

during the day mains pressure drops as all are doing washing etc, come the night they go to bed and pressure rises again, that simple

Your problem is a process of elimination and more info for us

1. Has this problem affected your neighbours in their flats
2. as above and do your neighbours have prob at same time as u.
3. What area are you ? -my reason - limescale

Before we all get too involved do you rent or lease or freehold ?

Do let us all know ................... centralheatking

Thanks for the quick replys fellas!

I own the leasehold to the flat

There is a Building Management Comapny that owns the freehold to the block, I emailed them a few weeks back but they haven't responded and I haven't chased them up about it until today.

The block is 3 stories high & Im on the middle floor. There are about 20 flats in the block. People in the blocks mainly professionals who would be out during the day.

I have lived there for 7 years and there has never been an issue until this point. It just changed suddenly. Would be surprised if it were excess use by other flats.

I haven't asked the neighbours as I don't know them that well (despite being there so long!). If it is affecting the rest of the block then no one has done anything about it

Area is Stockwell, South London.

Any thoughts guys?

Will have an ask around tomorrow when not working

Its an ex council block, so would affect everyone if it did. There has been some building so you may have a point. Need to check with neighbours.

Has anyone seen an issue like this where the time of day has affected the water pressure?

Its an ex council block, so would affect everyone if it did. There has been some building so you may have a point. Need to check with neighbours.

Has anyone seen an issue like this where the time of day has affected the water pressure?

Yes when working on big mains you need to hold them in the ground at night if is a pumping main ( between stations) pressure is horrific at night - no demand and low during day as at full capacity.

Also water company may be flushing mains out? Is there a leak or care ash locally?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a standard Thames Water problem affecting millions of homes in London - too much demand
by day - ie when everbody gets up and starts showering bathing etc.

You can get the utility to check your pressuer /volume but as usual it will be just inside the
requirement so you have no come back. There is a Grunfos wras legal booster pump you can install - someone on here will know the model. It will work for you fine style UNTIL all your
neighbours get one as well and your all back to square 1

centralheatking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low water pressure by day, strong pressure by night in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock