Search the forum,

Discuss Looking to go solo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

csweet

Hi all, been working for a large company and want to get my own number, but on the GSR login it says I need to have a registered business. If this is the case how do you go about it? Any help/advice is appreciated.

I was talking to a friend of mine who works for BG and he said it's against his contract to have his own GS number, I'd check that the same doesn't apply for you before doing anything.

make up a trading name and thats what you call your new company and its what you tell gas safe your trading under, ps it can be you name, initials or what ever you want.

Should be ok as two of the others have gas cards at work, but will check to be on the safe side

Cheers, I wasn't sure if it was for tax related purposes or not...

It's a good way of getting your GS probation period done before going out on your own, not that it's a problem it's just another thing ticked off the list IMHO

Cheers mate. Passed my domestic in Jan after 2.5 years then company put me through commercial but realistically want to be self employed in a couple of years doing domestic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking to go solo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial market (i.e. tendering to main contractors flats etc). My background is a commercial manager, I use to do plumbing years back so technically I would not...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all I'm a limited company that's been running for 12 years and I have a lot of ongoing work, 99% commercial, and a lot of it plumbing, in London and the Southeast I'm looking for an experienced self employed engineer (or another ltd company like myself), own transport, tools etc. good rates...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some domestic and new builds here and there. Sole trader working for numerous different companies. Been thinking that maybe it's time I started my own...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Im looking to come to Australia in january/febuary 2024. I have a working holiday visa already sorted. I run my own plumbing and heating company that has been going for 3 years but i have been plumbing for 10 years. i also have my gas qualification. Im giving up everything to come to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock