Search the forum,

Discuss Towel rail advice - dual fuel, rather than just electric? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hopefully this is a quick one...
I'm currently building a house (well, my builder is, I'm doing a few of the jobs myself). Originally, we were going to have electric towel rails in the bathrooms, because we were going to have solar panels. We're over budget, so the panels will have to wait. Thanks to advice on here, I also changed my mind about the hot water loop being copper (rather than plastic). As such, I'm thinking it would now be best to have dual fuel towel rails on thermostatic valves with timers. Does that sound like the right move? We've four bathrooms, so I'm mindful of the bills racking up, if I get this wrong.
Also, what makes would people recommend for the DF towel rails and valves, please?

Edit: in case it's not already clear(!) I'm a DIYer, not a pro.
Edit2: it's just for drying towels btw, the bathrooms will have UFH.

The key to success with using the electric elements in dual fuel radiators is to have decent, easy to use timers so you don't waste electricity.

Ask the spark on the job for recommendations - there are some now which have APPs which make them really easy to set up and change

The key to success with using the electric elements in dual fuel radiators is to have decent, easy to use timers so you don't waste electricity.

Ask the spark on the job for recommendations - there are some now which have APPs which make them really easy to set up and change
Didn't even realise until last night that you buy them separately. Great tip - thanks!

Resurrecting this thread as I'm thinking of adding elements to two existing towel rails for summer use (using Hive activated timers)

Blunt question: Are the elements any good/effective for drying towels? . . . and if so recommended brands.

Reply to Towel rail advice - dual fuel, rather than just electric? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock