Search the forum,

Discuss Logic Combi ES30 F1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoSum

I have the fault F1 on my boiler. The pressure is at about 0.25! I have googled and found out about the filling loop. My boiler seems to have a permanent filling loop but only 1 valve. I have turned that and left in 30 mins but no change in pressure. I'm guessing I need to turn something else but I don't know what??!!

Attachments

• IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1288.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1289.jpg
    IMG_1289.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 24
I can't open pics but from what I can see there are two blue levers/knobs. You need to turn both

Oh, don't know why pics won't open. Basically there are 3 valves. The 2 at the back are on a fatter piece of pipe (!) and the manual pic shows them but doesn't say to open them. It says there should be 2 valves on the loop. boiler1.jpg

As you look at the boiler open the right hand blue one (with the link)

As mentioned above those 2 blue leaver valves have to be turned on. I would turn one leaver fully on the other one I would open up gradually to get the right pressure which is about 1.2-1.5 bar max.

I opened the right hand blue one but nothing happened.

Take the handle off the right hand blue lever (little screw in the middle) when you move the Handle does it move the brass spindle ?

When I take the handle off there's a little brass knobby bit! If I place the handle over and turn then it moves as the handle will only fit on one way - is that what you mean? Also just noticed that my left hand back blue lever is pointing downwards whereas the video has both the back lever in an up position?

When I take the handle off there's a little brass knobby bit! If I place the handle over and turn then it moves as the handle will only fit on one way - is that what you mean? Also just noticed that my left hand back blue lever is pointing downwards whereas the video has both the back lever in an up position?

Right fair enough

Put the lever back on and screw back and close lever

Close the left back blue lever valve

Undo the link (two black nuts) either side there might be some water so have a bowl handy

Once removed open the left back blue lever slightly should have some water come out (mains pressure)

If there's water time to call a gas safe engy sorry to say

Put everything back as in pics

Don't touch the other levers

Last edited:
Eek! This is sounding scary now! You think that the back left blue lever is in the wrong position? Are you saying I need to remove the copper 'loop' bit?

So you think my back left blue lever is in the wrong position? And are you saying I should remove the copper 'loop' bit?
Sorry for posting twice - computer went stupid (on top of everything else!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not being rude but it might be worth your while to get a gas safe engineer out to take a look at it for you as you don't sound very confident

You're right!! Not very confident but intelligent enough to have a go as long as I fully understand what I'm supposed to be doing!! Got a mate popping round later to have a look so will tell him all your suggestions. Thanks :D

No problem but keep in mind if he needs to do anything else other than with the filling loop likelihood is he will need to be gas safe

It's the 2 blue levers that fills the boiler as said in previous posts, only quarter turns but if you turn them both it will fill...

Thank you all for your help today. Everything now working correctly. It was the 2 blue levers (front right and back left) - I was just too cautious to do that myself as the manual and youtube videos said I should have 2 front levers. Thanks again :D

Thank you all for your help today. Everything now working correctly. It was the 2 blue levers (front right and back left) - I was just too cautious to do that myself as the manual and youtube videos said I should have 2 front levers. Thanks again :D

So that means you have no water coming out the hot taps as back left is the main shut off valve to the boiler (cold mains) ??

Least you got it sorted

So that means you have no water coming out the hot taps as back left is the main shut off valve to the boiler (cold mains) ??

Least you got it sorted

The new Ideal filling loop had my head a scratching when I first fitted it but the answer is yes it stops the hot flow when your topping up....

Least you got it sorted

The new Ideal filling loop had my head a scratching when I first fitted it but the answer is yes it stops the hot flow when your topping up....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Logic Combi ES30 F1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
F
Hi, We have a new Ideal Logic Combi 30. A radiator today came off the wall and developed a leak. Plumber came and fixed (but didn't). At that time the boiler was fine. Today the boiler has lost pressure. I have followed the videos on yt and nothing works. Just stays telling me F1. I have...
Replies
Views
FrankMcg
F
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
After researching as much as I can to sort this problem, I keep reading that if your Ideal boiler has an F1 code and the pressure is low, it needs topping up. If it has an F1 code but the pressure is fine, then this indicates a potential pressure sensor fault. What if it was low (completely...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock