Search the forum,

Discuss location NORWICH NORFOLK, to fix gloworm ultimate 60ff lighting issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mrplumb

I have the above boiler for the last 2 weeks this is what is happening:

Boilder function [appears to] be 100% normal when cold then when it gets really warm following issue happens:

main burner shuts off
pilot light relights immediately
main burner shuts off again [almost] immediately [1/2 seconds max]
and repeat constantly

but heating still works

pcb was replaced about 6 mnths ago, but you can hear it clicking, or something clicking, maybe a relay?

thanks

Call in a reputable GSR company, such as Gasway who are based in Norwich. We cannot give any specific advice on gas appliances for safety reasons.

Apparently you have already been advised on this, so I hope Gasway or another reputable company sort this out for you. Why not get back the buddy who changed the PCB it may be covered under warrantee, if this is the fault?

thanks for comments

just after some company tips

ok might use gasway, yes the pcb is covered under warranty by another company but did not have great confidence in them they will charge a call out even if its the pcb that is at fault

thanks

thanks for comments

can anyone reocmmend a one mand band who can actually diagnose faults as i spoke to one engineer just now who was like "swop it an see".

gasway are a bit dear on the call out charge

i have been told by 2 heating engineers on the phone that the nature of thr problem is not urgent and poses no risk to health or the life of the boiler

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to location NORWICH NORFOLK, to fix gloworm ultimate 60ff lighting issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi to all, Seeking your advice here - a very long back story to get you well informed: I am a complete DIY and plumbing novice with very little knowledge or aptitude, located in Australia. We have a small two-storey home, with a bathroom on each level. The house is about 80 years old while the...
Replies
Views
Hi, First time poster. I've been banging my head against a wall this past month on google searches and soliciting advice of a couple of plumbers as well as the boiler supplier. I got a De Dietrich 28-33kw Combi boiler installed just over a year ago, with UFH downstairs (3 zones) and radiators...
Replies
Views
T
Hi there, If anyone can help me or at least give me some pointers it would be great, as I am seriously stuck. I do have a technical back ground but my knowledge of central heating is very limited, prior to making a choice on attempting a repair or looking at going down the combi route as a...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
M
Hi everyone and thnak you in advance for any help I have the above boiler for the last 2 weeks this is what is happening: Boilder function [appears to] be 100% normal when cold then when it gets really warm following issue happens: main burner shuts off pilot light relights immediately main...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
M
2 years ago the pilot light in my potterton kingfisher II wouldn't light and an engineer changed the gas sensor for it. That fixed the problem, but I've noticed that he turned the boilers thermostat up to max, and since then after switching the boiler off the pilot light goes out aswell and I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock