Search the forum,

Discuss Lifestyle LP522 Defaults to 'Twice' after power cut. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trevor Hunt

Hi,

Looking for some advice if I may as to what is wrong and how to correct the problem I'm having with my Lifestyle LP522 programmer.

When we have a power cut, both the hw and ch default to the 'twice' option when power is restored.
We've been having a couple of power cuts lately and been woken by the heat from the radiators.

We have only just moved to this house and I wondered if this is normal, and if not is there a way to default it to 'Off' instead?

The programmer loses the time and day settings when power is restored, thus wondered if this model has a back up battery that's failed? If so how do I replace it?

Any help appreciated.

Trev

There is a back up battery but I've never bought one. I'm not saying you can't and someone else may well disagree.

with your situation, it's always been a replacement programmer.

buy a new one easy swap, dont think you can change the back up battery

If it's the same as the 722, the battery is soldered to the printed circuit board inside the programmer;

Order of the Bath » Heating Programmer Battery

Found lower down on the link;

My LP522 May and Aug 2001 look exactly the same but have Varta CR 2032 Li-Mg 3v batteries. These can be changed by carefully prising off the spot welded clips from the battery with a small screwdriver and slipping in a new CR2032 from Boots or a supermarket.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lifestyle LP522 Defaults to 'Twice' after power cut. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock