Search the forum,

Discuss lets all design a boiler, top notch components. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharp Point

Evening all, I'm currently in the alps snowboarding. I've just had my meal and browsing some recent posts and got me wondering about what is the best boiler on the market, we all have our preferences. After ideals shamble of shat ' isar' I vowed never to touch an ideal again, but I was coaxed in with the 'logic' but that's just as bad.
Let's design a boiler with all our knowledge, let's use the best parts from whatever boiler. Only one answer each and cover everything from casing to sensors to wiring to flue etc etc and give your reason

I'll start with this bad boy, viessmann main heat exchanger ! Stainless and would probably last a 1000 years of heavily sludged mess before needing a bloody good powerflush. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
You're in the Alps and you want to design a boiler :book:
Get out amongst it all and let your hair down lad

Glow worm hideaway, BF. That was it.

Cast iron heat ex, No worries about sludge.
1 x MF gas valve
1 x Stat
1 x thermocouple.
78-84% efficient ( roughly and depending on system, these are my figures and I do not care if anyone disagree's with me)
Lasted a good 20 - 30 years !
Easy to service and repair. ( not that they ever needed repairing).
Bring it back tomorrow for me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to lets all design a boiler, top notch components. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping for a bit of advice. We are in the process of renovating an old house and as part of that work we are upgrading the old 1980s boiler and gravity fed system with a new boiler and unvented cylinder. I got a load of quotes, went for a guy we thought seemed ok and checked that he was...
Replies
Views
My house is a 1930's semi with a back boiler behind an old fashioned gas fire in the dining room. It is serviced by B.Gas every year and so far so good. But...I guess it's really uneconomical as my bills are very high and also parts are getting harder to come by. So I need to change but what to...
Replies
Views
A
Memory lane: When Men were Men, and Boilers ran for 30 years My old 1972 floor-mount boiler is on the way out. The casting's been weeping water for a 12 month now, a Potterton brick of a thing, bigger than any washing machine. A Honeywell 2 button, as an upgrade?!, not much else in it. You know...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
S
Hello, I have had to replace my Vaillant 824/2E boiler as it was written off due to a leaking combustion door seal. It seems this was subject of some sort of recall but was only done if someone serviced the boiler. Even in their words they only...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock