Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking Flue Pipe - is this dangerous? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sammy26

Hi There,

i would like to ask that if the flue pipe from my combi boiler is leaking water from an extension pipe is it safe? Is it leaking anything else as the boiler is in my bedroom.
advice would be appreciated as I've been given 2 pieces of advice that contradict each other & im concerned I'm being Misinformed (not on here but by the person I spoke took the phone)

depends but i would get it tested anyway (make sure they do a flue integrity test)

pics would help :)

Thanks I have pics just not sure how to put them on here

at the top when your reply where you see bold underline etc far right you will see insert image

browse for the image and insert

Yeah definitely pics needed

image.jpgimage.jpg
at the top when your reply where you see bold underline etc far right you will see insert image

browse for the image and insert

Who pulled it apart?
The guy who came out to see if he could fix it took it apart and has turned the boiler off as he had to order a new flue as he said he couldn't seal it and wasn't happy with the oxygen levels when he tried. The same company (different man) did a gas inspection (annual) 10 days before and said it was all ok though I have found lots of my bedding that was in the cupboard wet through and moulding. I have been unwell for 2.5 weeks off work feeling very ill with what my dr thought was vertigo but im
wkndering if the pipe had let any fumes out?

Well I wouldn't rule it out but can't say for 100% but I would say the second guy was right to turn it off, I would invest in a co alarm tho

Do you have the boiler on a service contract might be better trying to find someone else

Well I wouldn't rule it out but can't say for 100% but I would say the second guy was right to turn it off, I would invest in a co alarm tho

Do you have the boiler on a service contract might be better trying to find someone else
They are the contractors employed by my landlord so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Thought rental properties had to have mandatory co alarms from last October?

Thought rental properties had to have mandatory co alarms from last October?

The doc I've seen its only required if they have a solid fuel fire/ appliance might be wrong tho

Ha ha clear as ever eh. Doc I saw was open flue or solid fuel.

Fit one anyway there cheap and least your 10000% as they don't cost that much

Stupid government... Why not make it mandatory there & then whilst doing so for solid fuel...

Does a solid fuel even require a annual safety cert?

If you've been ill and there is a chance of carbon monoxide poisoning I'd be going to A & E for a blood test just to be on the safe side.

The guy who came out to see if he could fix it took it apart and has turned the boiler off as he had to order a new flue as he said he couldn't seal it and wasn't happy with the oxygen levels when he tried. The same company (different man) did a gas inspection (annual) 10 days before and said it was all ok though I have found lots of my bedding that was in the cupboard wet through and moulding. I have been unwell for 2.5 weeks off work feeling very ill with what my dr thought was vertigo but im

Looking at the state of the flue and going by the fact the engineer has deemed it unsafe I would say there were fumes leaking out. Go to the doctors and tell them about the possibility that you have been exposed to carbon monoxide.

Tenant or not you're perfectly within your rights to call gas safe in for a free inspection.

Tenant or not you're perfectly within your rights to call gas safe in for a free inspection.
Thanks for all replies, I'm now having a new boiler fitted next week after the boiler company couldn't provide the correct flue as replacement. I've also been to hospital for bloods and awaiting results. Thanks for all your advice! Great forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Flue Pipe - is this dangerous? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock