Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen mixer tap 3 flexi hoses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have just purchased a kitchen tap. I have extremely low water pressure and I'm having trouble finding a tap that actually gives me any water, particularly hot water. Anyway the tap I have bought says it is for low water pressure (MICOE HOME - KITCHEN SINK TAP - QHKF11) however when I opened it there are 3 flexi hoses named A, B and C. B and C are the hot and cold but A seems to go into the wall somehow according to the diagram. I have never seen a tap with 3 flexi hoses. Does anyone know if it needs to be used or have I bought the wrong tap? Thanks in advance. Pictures attached.

15586081836525514176716961842123.jpg

15586082074502333453155686260720.jpg

15586082250743733339463510750213.jpg

15586082358913096439868291957966.jpg

15586082515583002945029603771174.jpg

1558608262891426773959779965210.jpg

Can also tell you now, it is NOT designed for low pressure. Sorry.

FYI, there is NO agreed definition of low pressure. For many UK homes we need taps capable of a reasonable flow rate at 0.1Bar. Check the performance of this tap at this pressure. Because the rest of the world operates at high pressure we are out of step. For them 'low pressure' is 0.5Bar which is far too high for us backward Brits. :) BTW flow rates are logarithmic.

That tap is for an undersink vented water heater.
The picture in the manual doesn't quite explain it, but the one below will.
The tap hot outlet (C) is open to allow venting
Pipe (A) is the Cold feed, (Eckventil means angle valve)which is directed to the heater via pipe (B) when the hot tap is turned.

Micoe tap.PNG

That tap is for an undersink vented water heater.
The picture in the manual doesn't quite explain it, but the one below will.
The tap hot outlet (C) is open to allow venting
Pipe (A) is the Cold feed, (Eckventil means angle valve)which is directed to the heater via pipe (B) when the hot tap is turned.

View attachment 38790
Does that mean that as I don't have one of these it's useless to me and I should return it. Ty

Hi, I have just purchased a kitchen tap. I have extremely low water pressure and I'm having trouble finding a tap that actually gives me any water, particularly hot water. Anyway the tap I have bought says it is for low water pressure (MICOE HOME - KITCHEN SINK TAP - QHKF11) however when I opened it there are 3 flexi hoses named A, B and C. B and C are the hot and cold but A seems to go into the wall somehow according to the diagram. I have never seen a tap with 3 flexi hoses. Does anyone know if it needs to be used or have I bought the wrong tap? Thanks in advance. Pictures attached.

Hi Susan,

What might be worth looking at first is why do you have low water pressure? Is this throughout your house on all hot and cold outlets? What type of hot water heating system you have in place? All of these questions answered might help you in your quest for good hot water delivery.

Thanks.

Hi Susan,

What might be worth looking at first is why do you have low water pressure? Is this throughout your house on all hot and cold outlets? What type of hot water heating system you have in place? All of these questions answered might help you in your quest for good hot water delivery.

Thanks.
I live in a bungalow and I have a cold water tank in the loft. I get okish cold water but my hot water is almost non existent. I haven't experienced this any where else but it is driving me mad

I live in a bungalow and I have a cold water tank in the loft. I get okish cold water but my hot water is almost non existent. I haven't experienced this any where else but it is driving me mad

Is the cylinder in the loft or is that in a cupboard? Either way the pressure is going to be quite poor as it’s depending on gravity to push your hot water out. You could get your flow rate checked, and your tap I would just get a traditional compressive full operation type, such as this: Wayfair.co.uk - Shop Furniture, Lighting, Homeware & More Online
If hot water is poor to every tap, you might have an issue with the float valve in the loft, someone may have plumbed it in wrong as well, should have a minimum of 22mm pipe from cylinder.
Might be worth getting a plumber in to check it over before wasting money swapping taps left right and centre, imho of course.

Is the cylinder in the loft or is that in a cupboard? Either way the pressure is going to be quite poor as it’s depending on gravity to push your hot water out. You could get your flow rate checked, and your tap I would just get a traditional compressive full operation type, such as this: Wayfair.co.uk - Shop Furniture, Lighting, Homeware & More Online
If hot water is poor to every tap, you might have an issue with the float valve in the loft, someone may have plumbed it in wrong as well, should have a minimum of 22mm pipe from cylinder.
Might be worth getting a plumber in to check it over before wasting money swapping taps left right and centre, imho of course.
The cylinder is in a cupboard directly below. I'll look into getting a plumber to check for me, do you know how much I'm likely to be charged for someone to come out ty

Reply to Kitchen mixer tap 3 flexi hoses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Anyone know of a pull out kitchen tap that has decent pressure? I have had low pressure from this tap for a number of years and it's not helped with the two 10mm tails that must reduce even further. Hoping something is around that I can use 15mm full bore tails and isolating valves but all...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I had a plumber fit a new mono block kitchen tap. The water runs very slowly now. Also, not sure if this is to do with it, but my hot water doesn’t get as hot as it did with my old tap. Anyone help?
Replies
Views
Hi there I have attached a video below, showing where my kitchen tap is leaking from, is this possible to repair by replacing the hose pipe or would I need to replace the whole tap? I had a plumber take a look who said the whole tap needed replacing. If it is just the hose supply do I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock