Search the forum,

Discuss Is this plumbing under the kitchen sink normal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

RAA

hi, I was hoping for some advise?
the picture below is off the plumbing my builder has done under my kitchen sink. Apparently he seems to think this is ok but I have a few concerns and would like others views so I am better armed when I go back to/query him again?!
upload_2019-7-30_17-17-51.png

Thank you for any advise

Yes it needs redoing, by a plumber not a builder, unless of course you have your own alternating gravity in the sink cupboard in which case it will be fine...

Thanks for all your comments. Sorry here some additional info...
It was the builder contractor who unfortunately did the refurb of whole flat (who was recommended by a good friend and I did a lot of research on!). I was told that his plumber did all the plumbing work etc.

But to me the pipe through the outside wall (top of that flexi tube) is far too high compared to the trap, plus that horizontal thing in middle seems to be full of water after one load of washing so I can’t see how this can be right!
I raised these concerns with the building contractor but am getting brushed off!
Thanks

The photo doesn’t show it all clearly, but just noticed what looks like the dishwasher fill hose.
Is that installed horizontally and due to the valve it connects to being same?
If it is, then that is also all wrong.

So no need For the branch connector at all

I assume that’s the pointless horizontal thing the dishwasher waste goes into, and which is lower than the out pipe and currently full of water‍♀️

Correct you can get traps with two connections like the one further up so this should raise it up a lot

hi, I was hoping for some advise?
the picture below is off the plumbing my builder has done under my kitchen sink. Apparently he seems to think this is ok but I have a few concerns and would like others views so I am better armed when I go back to/query him again?!
View attachment 39760
Thank you for any advise
If the white flexi is the final output to the main soil
then it will work but you have a massive trap full of dirty standing water which will accumulate debris. When you undo any of the connections below the level of the flexi outfall lots of water and stuff will come out. If it was temporary then ok but its not fit for
permenant installation. more info is required to be sure like a diagram and some indication of relative heights
centralheatking

Reply to Is this plumbing under the kitchen sink normal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock