Search the forum,

Discuss Installing 4 piece bath tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamesa2487

Hello

Im hoping someone can help.

I have bought some taps to replace the ones we currently have on out bath. i have to cut 2 extra holes for the new ones as it is a 4 piece. this i have no problem with i think :)

To attach the taps to the spout they have provided 2 x 400mm flexible hose. I have attached a picture and you can see that i wouldn't be able to use 400mm flexible hose due to the taps being close to the spout.

What would be the best thing to use to join the taps to the spout?
Also i look online and there is 12 mm and 15 mm i think. it is a new house is there a standard size of pipe thickness?

I do have a picture but i cant upload it because i am new i think, i could always pm the link to someone who could help

the pipe will be 15mm.
without the picture not sure what your looking at

I have put the picture up for you ( hope I'm allowed??)

not sure from the picture but presume it will either be 15mm compression spout to tap
or 1/2" possibly 3/8".
might be best to take it to your local plumbers merchant, let them see and advise as to what will fit. or someone else may be familiar with the tap and be able to advise.
16gh9xh.jpg

Looks like 22mm to taps, 15mm taps to spout (compression as stated above). Unless it's a European brand then you're talking 3/8" :O

I have put the picture up for you ( hope I'm allowed??)

not sure from the picture but presume it will either be 15mm compression spout to tap
or 1/2" possibly 3/8".
might be best to take it to your local plumbers merchant, let them see and advise as to what will fit. or someone else may be familiar with the tap and be able to advise.
16gh9xh.jpg
use short flexys

Isn't this tap designed to enable the levers to be placed away from the spout for 'aesthetic' purposes, hence the flexis? Seems a lot of bother to split the tap up only to place them in the same position as a normal all-in-one-body tap :/

As you can see from the photo the connection are smaller they use to be 10mm I think? Did the taps not come with any nuts?

I first ones I ever came across had soft copper that you use to have to cut to length & connect up with nuts & olives, the later ones had bits of hard plastic tubing cos it was low pressure between the tap & the spout. All a right pain.
As Simon said take them to your local see if they have nuts & olives to suit & I would buy A Metre of soft copper but be prepared for hours of fun. my tip from memory if do not do any of the connections up until all are in place & cut the bits of copper a bit short so you have some adjustment / movement.

Oh & PTFE each joint & don't over tighten the nuts, &, &,……. apart from that your be fine. LOL

PS Where is the fourth tap hole filler, does it come out of the spout / filler on a diverter ??

It's a new house that all ready had a cheap set of taps installed so 2 holes are already in. Therefore my only choice is to drill a hole in the middle of them for the spout. The shower feeds from the bottem of the spout.
connecting cold/hot water feeds to the tabs is no issue it was just becausethe taps are a bit closer to the spout than I would like the 400mm flexi pipes they give to connect the taps to the spout is a bit long. The shortest I could find was 300 mm but as you can see from the picture it is only about 40mm from the tap to the spout

I did think about copper but it doesn't join straight as the spout joint is a little lower than the taps

Why not put the spout off set to the taps, so H&C in normal holes & spout in the corner or on the side of the bath.
Don't think you will get the spout in-between the existing holes.

iwould like to do that just would be hard to do. i could always turn the tap spouts 180degrees so the flexi pipe has a bit further to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing 4 piece bath tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock