Search the forum,

Discuss Inhibitor in pressurised heating system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

Hope you are all safe in these scary times.

I need to replace a pressure relief valve and then put inhibitor in my system. I have seen videos on how to add inhibitor using a bit of hose and a hand pump sprayer.

The bit I don't get is exactly what part numbers I need to order to fit the hose end to the radiator and to fit the other end of the hose to the pump.

Can you suggest where to get a hand pump and the adaptors and if possible the part numbers?

My house is 5 years old and has standard pressurised central heating run from gas. I am in Milton Keynes.

Dan

Easier to drain the system and put it in a rad via a inhb funnel

Hi All,

Hope you are all safe in these scary times.

I need to replace a pressure relief valve and then put inhibitor in my system. I have seen videos on how to add inhibitor using a bit of hose and a hand pump sprayer.

The bit I don't get is exactly what part numbers I need to order to fit the hose end to the radiator and to fit the other end of the hose to the pump.

Can you suggest where to get a hand pump and the adaptors and if possible the part numbers?

My house is 5 years old and has standard pressurised central heating run from gas. I am in Milton Keynes.

Dan
Unless you are GSR you ought not to be changing the PRV at all. Introducing inhibitor is quite easy as your system will be drained down re PRV but if not let some ch water out from the lowest point and introduce the chemicals into the highest rad and then re pressure. Or just get an old type push bike pump fill it with the chems and push them in Centralheatking

Pour the inhibitor into the top of a towel warmer, shut the valves off, crack the nut and dribble some water out to make room for the inhibitor.
As for the prv.... best to get a pro in... especially if it’s a greenstar, it’s the devils work changing a prv in one of those

Pour the inhibitor into the top of a towel warmer, shut the valves off, crack the nut and dribble some water out to make room for the inhibitor.
As for the prv.. best to get a pro in... especially if it’s a greenstar, it’s the devils work changing a prv in one of those
This is my third one to replace. Their life is 5 years and each one has gone one at a time over the last 6 months.

Now that I know a funnel exists I am happy to do the whole job.

Thanks very much for your advice.
[automerge]1585471260[/automerge]
Easier to drain the system and put it in a rad via a inhb funnel
This is what has helped me massively. Knowing a funnel exists and what it is even called is great. Only 4 quid as well!
[automerge]1585471517[/automerge]
Unless you are 'Registered Professional Gas Engineer' you ought not to be changing the PRV at all. Introducing inhibitor is quite easy as your system will be drained down re PRV but if not let some ch water out from the lowest point and introduce the chemicals into the highest rad and then re pressure. Or just get an old type push bike pump fill it with the chems and push them in Centralheatking
My partner is part of the high risk category re coronavirus and this valve has got to a point where it is noisily dripping day and night through the tundish and we cannot wait 12 weeks. I appreciate and would normally ask someone else but I had to do the last valve Christmas Eve so I learned the hard way! Lots of swearing helped.

Thanks for your sound advice.

Last edited:
This is my third one to replace. Their life is 5 years and each one has gone one at a time over the last 6 months.

Now that I know a funnel exists I am happy to do the whole job.

Thanks very much for your advice.
[automerge]1585471260[/automerge]

This is what has helped me massively. Knowing a funnel exists and what it is even called is great. Only 4 quid as well!
[automerge]1585471517[/automerge]

My partner is part of the high risk category re coronavirus and this valve has got to a point where it is noisily dripping day and night through the tundish and we cannot wait 12 weeks. I appreciate and would normally ask someone else but I had to do the last valve Christmas Eve so I learned the hard way! Lots of swearing helped.

Thanks for your sound advice.
This is the first mention of a pressurised cylinder dripping thro tundish and is quite a game changer for the advice that will be given and probably means you will need a qualified engineer
Centralheatking

This is the first mention of a pressurised cylinder dripping thro tundish and is quite a game changer for the advice that will be given and probably means you will need a qualified engineer
Centralheatking
Also if it’s only lasted 3 months there must be other issues?

Reply to Inhibitor in pressurised heating system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock