Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Standard Cleartap Leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adagio

We have an Ideal Standard ClearTap A5051AA which leaks as the tap nozzle is rotated.

IMG_0574.jpg

The leak is from the mid joint - hopefully indicated by the arrow. (Not quite sure how visible this will be).

What parts need to be replaced and what level of difficulty does the replacement present? Any helpful responses/comments gratefully received

David

Hi David, poss just 'O' ring but need right size, call ideal (01482 346461) and ask if they do a service kit , how old is tap ?

Personally, I wouldn't even bother trying.

Contact the manufacturer get the part, isolate water, dismantle and re-assemble. Its probably just an o ring.

I wouldn't bother because if you buy that part and you break something else because its covered in limescale your back to square one. Its easier (generally) to change the whole tap. You can get a similar looking tap for abour £50ish.

If I've got one in my own house, I still don't try and repair it!

Thank you both for taking the trouble to respond.

You can get a similar looking tap for abour £50ish.

But has it got similar functionality? It has a third tap position which has a feed through a filter. It is this one here- there do seem to be a fair selection of kits the question is which one? The tap is 5 years old.

Hi Adagio

Did you manage to change the Cleartap ceramic disc cartridge?
How difficult was it and did it solve the problem.

Hi Adagio

Did you manage to change the Cleartap ceramic disc cartridge?
How difficult was it and did it solve the problem.

Sadly I have not yet plucked up the courage to try. I would if I could get my hands on some sort of service manual.

Hi
Yes I purchased the cartridge fitted it no problem, very easy but it has not solved the problem. Now just don't know what to do.
The fitting instructions are on the web site where you get the cartridge from/ Let me know how you go on and if anyone on thios site knows how to stop the tap leaking I would be very greatful

Ian

Hi
Yes I purchased the cartridge fitted it no problem, very easy but it has not solved the problem. Now just don't know what to do.
The fitting instructions are on the web site where you get the cartridge from/ Let me know how you go on and if anyone on thios site knows how to stop the tap leaking I would be very greatful

Ian

Hi Ian

Did you fit a new SPOUT SEAL KIT?

David

Hi Ian

Did you fit a new SPOUT SEAL KIT?

Sorry dont know what a spout seal kit is can you expain?
I only fitted the cartridge complete with seals but it did not improve or stop the leak. Realy dont know what to do now

Ian:uhoh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Standard Cleartap Leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock