Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic System S24IE in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

JusKel

Gas Engineer
This boiler was flooded through the condense drain which was connected to a gutter downpipe that was blocked at the end. The people came home to a flooded kitchen. Water came back up the condense tru the trap up the heat exchanger and out tru the fan and gas valve connection imside the casing then out onto the floor
I dried it out and tested it. Issue with pump seems to be staying on constant now with just power on no switch live call. Also occassional vibration noise like the air/gas mixture is wrong.
Not sure if pump or pcb is issue, but looks like the gas valve might be damaged.
If was just one part then possible to repair, but most likely to opt for a new boiler if multiple issues start arising.
Anyone had any constant running pump issues ?

Attachments

• 20200611_115658.jpg
    20200611_115658.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 10
There was water in the display, so I stripped out the board to check and dry. Gave everything the hairdryer treatment. Possible that connector might have needed more. Defintely got wet at pump side, but those connectors have a rubber seal so weren't wet at the pins , but gave them a blast of the dryer too. The second connector seems to control modulation and possible on/off function. Does anyone know how to test voltage here to check if it's pcb or pump issue ?

Reply to Ideal Logic System S24IE in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock