Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic Combi 30 timer/thermostat issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flyingguy

Hi all, hoping someone can help.

Bought our flat in October and it had an ideal logic combi 30, all seemed to be working ok until I noticed the timer wasn't ticking. It has a mechanical one fitted in the front. So I ordered a replacement online, plugged it in and off she went. The only difference was that the cable that came with the timer had a different size connection to the one I removed, the boiler has two connectors, and this one fitted into the smaller connector on the right. The old one was in the larger connector on the left. Anyway, the timer worked so I thought it was just a design feature to accept different timers etc.

Then we noticed that the thermostat wasn't working, it's a Honeywell mechanical type. So at the moment the only thing we can do to adjust the temperature is on the boiler itself which is obviously not great and tricky to get the temps right. I called out a boiler repair man who tested everything, confirmed the thermostat is sending the right signals etc with his multi meter, but couldn't work out why the demand was not being read by the boiler. To be honest I wasn't hugely impressed with him so it won't surprise me if someone tells me he missed something obvious. He was going to speak to Ideal for me but that never happened.

Can anyone else share any light on this scenario or offer some suggestions? Could it be the timer connections etc? He did try the boiler without the timer connected and the thermostat still had no effect.

Heating Engineer would be able to sort it for you.

There are not normally different plug in options for using different timers.

You will need the right one for your boiler.

If you've connected this current one up differently, it could well have done damage to something else. ( PCB Maybe).

If you're going to work on the Boiler itself. ( i.e. taking the cover off), in the vast majority of cases you will need to be Gas Safe Registered

Heating Engineer would be able to sort it for you.

There are not normally different plug in options for using different timers.

You will need the right one for your boiler.

If you've connected this current one up differently, it could well have done damage to something else. ( PCB Maybe).

If you're going to work on the Boiler itself. ( i.e. taking the cover off), in the vast majority of cases you will need to be Gas Safe Registered

think you have the wrong timer should plug into the same connection. but as you are not gas safe and have to remove the case then you need a decent engineer to change it for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic Combi 30 timer/thermostat issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and realised that there is no room external thermostat wired to the Ideal Combi boiler. There is only mechanical timer on it. I saw some videos on Internet that mechanical timer can be replaced with electrical one but i am not sure if it is compatible with...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
Has anyone else come across this situation? I keep detecting products of combustion inside the casing of Ideal Logic boilers. I've replaced every seal I can find, namely flue seals, turret seals, sump connection seals, burner seal, electrode seal, flame detection seal, etc, and yet still I pick...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
F
Hi, We have a new Ideal Logic Combi 30. A radiator today came off the wall and developed a leak. Plumber came and fixed (but didn't). At that time the boiler was fine. Today the boiler has lost pressure. I have followed the videos on yt and nothing works. Just stays telling me F1. I have...
Replies
Views
FrankMcg
F
Hi, I have moved to house that has an Ideal Logic combi c24 with a Danfoss RX1-S receiver and a RET2000B - RF thermostat. However, the mechanical timer on the boiler is not working so I can't program the boiler to turn on and off at different times. Therefore, I bought a TP5001RF programable...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock