Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Icos HE24 LF. code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning,

Our boiler has started to fail after 14 years. Given the apparent reputation of this particular model, I think it's done rather well!

The current fault has become progressively worse over a few weeks. The boiler is now igniting but then shows LF. within a few minutes.

As the boiler is lighting, to my untrained eye it seems unlikely to be the ignition? I'm guessing that as soon as it starts to push condensate out, it backs up, causing the fault.

I've read that one of the common causes of this fault is a blocked condensation trap.

Is this something I can tackle myself, or do I need an engineer?

PCB was replaced a few years ago with the orange version.

Also, I'm also finding I have to repressurise the boiler more frequently these days which may/may not be related. Its sitting at 1 bar at the moment.

I'm in the process of obtaining quotes for a replacement boiler anyway, but if I can coax it back to working, at least it will give us hot water for the time being. Kids and no hot water isnt very fun.

Would be happy to hear from anyone who can advise.

Thank you

Right. I'll see about some quotes from engineers.

Thank you and yes, 14 years. All it's had is a new PCB a few years ago which was plug and play! £38 repair. Can't grumble.

Properly serviced these are great, but they do suffer if neglected.
Before you let anyone fiddle with it, ask them If they’ve worked on them before, a few common issues with these

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Icos HE24 LF. code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Folks Me again I am at my wits end. I want to replace the boiler but I am on my backside and cannot afford to. I have been getting an intermittent F L Code. For around a year. I've had an engineer out 4 times. In that time boiler has had a new PCB, new electrodes, new gaskets, new...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
D
Icos HE24 showing L-F code. If i reset it goes into start up mode. Can hear burner fire but accompanied by a bubbling/gurgling then goes into L-F .
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Ideal Logic Heat 15 System Boiler Hi. Just started to get an F3 Fan Fault on this boiler. On power up there seems to be a quiet thump from somewhere then it goes through the start up sequence. It spends a few seconds on the ‘c’ display before coming up with the F3 error code. Can anyone advise...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
After researching as much as I can to sort this problem, I keep reading that if your Ideal boiler has an F1 code and the pressure is low, it needs topping up. If it has an F1 code but the pressure is fine, then this indicates a potential pressure sensor fault. What if it was low (completely...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock