Search the forum,

Discuss ian3jql in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ian3jql

HI, can I ask, is it a legal requirement to fit a room thermostat?

A clock & room stat or a programable room stat must be fitted to provide boiler interlock, ie to totally shut down the system when temparature reached to stop cycling & waste of energy.

not as far as im aware temp and pressure relief are in the bylaws i think

A clock & room stat or a programable room stat must be fitted to provide boiler interlock, ie to totally shut down the system when temparature reached to stop cycling & waste of energy.
The latest version of the Guidance says an interlock should be provided to turn the boiler off when there is no demand. But it then says:

Controls may be provided by any boiler management control system that meets the specific zoning, timing and temperature and boiler interlock control requirements.

This would appear to suggest that systems built into the boiler are acceptable, as mentioned by Twinhawk.

Thanks very much. Allthe best, Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ian3jql in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
Baxi 600 central heating is set at minimum the radiator symbol on the boiler is flashing. (asking for heat .fan is still running ) this is like this all day is this correct before I call out engineer there are no other controls ie time lock or room stat on system
Replies
Views
New built home. Has a combi on a 2 heating zones. The issue boiler located inside garage has a frost stat and a status ct100 pipe stat. The boiler is running through the night and the radiator on the 2nd zone that room is roasting hot. Any suggestions? The pipe stat is on 40 degrees can this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30 year old Baxi back boiler was still going strong, I've finally succumbed to pressure from Mrs RWD and had a Combi installed. The Heating Engineer that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock