Search the forum,

Discuss I cant find the cold water valve shut off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Please see the pics.

I can not find the cold water shut off valve.

Just trying to replace the tap in my bathroom and want to shut off the hot and cold water.

Hot water is off now.

The left valve on the pics is the hot one and logically the right should be cold one.

Its just not turning either way - not sure if stuck (oiled already ) or just not active at all - maybe wrong valve.

Please help

Much appreciate it.

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 29
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 30
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 27
Being a gatevalve, the spindle could be snapped inside (common). There's an isolation valve on the same feed, you could try that, depending which way they flow. Could always try turning the main stopcock off, as Peter rightly said, could be mains fed.

Please see the pics.

I can not find the cold water shut off valve.

Just trying to replace the tap in my bathroom and want to shut off the hot and cold water.

Hot water is off now.

The left valve on the pics is the hot one and logically the right should be cold one.

Its just not turning either way - not sure if stuck (oiled already ) or just not active at all - maybe wrong valve.

Please help

Much appreciate it.

Being a gatevalve, the spindle could be snapped inside (common). There's an isolation valve on the same feed, you could try that, depending which way they flow. Could always try turning the main stopcock off, as Peter rightly said, could be mains fed.

Will all due respect cheap gatevalves should be BANNED they are a plumbers nightmare! I know @Best agrees :).
If you can @kitkopool replace them with either a full bore lever valve or a decent quality gatevalve e.g. Peglers / Conex.

ATB Jim

Reply to I cant find the cold water valve shut off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink putting the pipe work in the wall then fitting these black shut off valves and black trap but can’t see how this is possible the way the work has been...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my dishwasher. I assume the washer may need a replacement. Anyway I cannot for the life of me turn the water off I.e at this cap. I understand I should turn...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock