Search the forum,

Discuss How to organise Fittings/Bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neal666

just thinking of the best way to organise fittings like 15mm tees/elbows 22mm fittings pipe clips etc. do you use a compartment organiser box to take into properys or somthing like it or just take in a handfull of the bits you need from a bag in the van?

ideas/pics?

i use hobby/storage casses one for each size and seperate for hep20 a,solder and 1 case just for compression

i use these
[DLMURL="http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?CATEGORY=NEW%5FPROD%5FSTORAGE&TYPE=PRODUCT&PARTNUMBER=014708R&SDesc=Stanley%26%23174%3B+Deep+Professional+Organizer"]Stanley Hand Tools :* 014708R *-* Stanley® Deep Professional Organizer[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 6 of the fatmax storage cases and 4 of the smaller ones for my fittings, these are all sorted in size order for the fittings from 15 to 28 then another one with oil line fittings, two with heating valves (AAV, pump valves, saftyvalves etc) The smaller ones have my clips, overflow pipe fittings and service valves in.

seems like a popular option then using organisers. i was thinking of just having bins in the van but i know for a fact ill be ever running to and from because i forgot somthing. the fatmax ones look decent. what are the "smaller" ones you have robtheplum?

these plastic ones look like theyll buckle under the weight. We just use linbins, the other week i emptied a few bags into a cat litter tray that i use for catching water, then carried them up that way. Often we just carry them up in the tough plastic bags that stuff comes in from the local merchants.

i use hobby/storage casses one for each size and seperate for hep20 a,solder and 1 case just for compression

i use these
[DLMURL="http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?CATEGORY=NEW%5FPROD%5FSTORAGE&TYPE=PRODUCT&PARTNUMBER=014708R&SDesc=Stanley%26%23174%3B+Deep+Professional+Organizer"]Stanley Hand Tools :* 014708R *-* Stanley® Deep Professional Organizer[/DLMURL]

Yep, good ones to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the ones I use.

Stanley Organiser - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Stanley Professional Organiser XL - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

I also have a smaller one for my rawlplugs, cavity fixings ets and a screw case, The problem around here is the fact yopu are always so far away from anywhere to get anything! Both my vans carry a large range of fittings etc, infact it isn't very often we can't do a job because we haven't the part!

I use the metal organisers they dont go brittle in the winter when the cold gets to them, i cannot begin to think how many plastic stanley deep tray organisers i have had...

I use the metal organisers they dont go brittle in the winter when the cold gets to them, i cannot begin to think how many plastic stanley deep tray organisers i have had...

I have had some of mine for about 3 years and have not had a problem with them going brittle, I did have a work experiance boy last year who forgot to do the 15mm box lid up after refilling the trays, it took him an hour to sort that one out! :D

Done that a few times my self, even tidy trays need tidying now and again..:D

I have had some of mine for about 3 years and have not had a problem with them going brittle, I did have a work experiance boy last year who forgot to do the 15mm box lid up after refilling the trays, it took him an hour to sort that one out! :D

i carry one of the carpenters organisers with various sized screws in , bout 20 sizes ,one of my labourers did the same picked it up with out checking it . i told him to take home and do in his own time . came back to work the next day with them all sorted better then they were . i asked him how long it toook he said about 2 mins. looking rather puzzled i asked how. simple i asked the kids if they wanted to help dad at work and bish bash bosh his 3 kids sorted the lot for him in about an hour.lol

you cant beat cheap labour

2 buckets 1 for 15mm one for 22mm saves room easy to carry and when uptake itto a job u know all your fittings are

Worked with a guy aonce that used the back of his van as a store " literally" just put two planks of wood across the back doors... 12 inches high of fittings..

You can imagine what his work was like!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to organise Fittings/Bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock