Search the forum,

Discuss HOT WATER WONT TURN OFF in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
so basically my hot water won’t turn off...
I don’t have a combi boiler, I have a big hot water cylinder at the top of the house etc.. the thermostat on/off control unit controls the hot water and heating etc.... this system has been fine for over 20 years but all of a sudden, even though we can switch the controls off, and it says off.... the hot water is still going and heating up to maximum temperature, despite the boiler being turned down to minimum and the thermostat in minimum and the hot water actually being turned off!!?
The boiler is constantly kicking in and heating the water up.

Any help or advice Is MASSIVELY appreciated if possible...

Hi,
so basically my hot water won’t turn off...
I don’t have a combi boiler, I have a big hot water cylinder at the top of the house etc.. the thermostat on/off control unit controls the hot water and heating etc.. this system has been fine for over 20 years but all of a sudden, even though we can switch the controls off, and it says off.. the hot water is still going and heating up to maximum temperature, despite the boiler being turned down to minimum and the thermostat in minimum and the hot water actually being turned off!!?
The boiler is constantly kicking in and heating the water up.

Any help or advice Is MASSIVELY appreciated if possible...
Turn heating off till you get professional help you don’t want to kettle the cylinder. If you do use the heating small bursts only. If you have an immersion use that a bit for hot water centralheatking

I'll take a punt and say when someone declares it's been alright for twenty years and you end up asking for help here, it hasn't been serviced or looked at professionally in that time.

Youv'e been very lucky then, contact your local GSR.

Reply to HOT WATER WONT TURN OFF in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock