Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water cylinder recomendations. Is Megaflo the best ? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All.

I have found this forum extremely useful, keep up the good work guys.

I was having a conversation with a colleague of mine, he reckons megaflo make the best hot water cylinders but I suspect his bias might be because megaflo dont have an external expansion vessel, which makes it look tidy etc, as I will be having a cylinder fitted soon I am trying to do some research, its a 5 bed house with a family bath and en-suite then downstairs which has a basin. We dont usually use the bath, typically a quick shower, household of 5.

In this scenarip, is a 300l indirect overkill or just about right, and secondly which cylinder is the best out there. The setup is UFH downstairs, rads upstairs, boiler is a worcester 30kw compact system boiler.

Thanks in advance.

Probably most expensive but much better value for money on the market. You will get a fair few different answers. I used to fit plumb centres own brand but fit RM now.

much like Worcester they are the big brand so can seem to be the best but you will get a lot of different views as to which is. I like OSO's. pretty sure megaflo aren't only ones with internal expansion, kingpin have internal expansion. it doesn't necessarily make it better it does make the cylinder larger as you have a gap at the top

Reply to Hot water cylinder recomendations. Is Megaflo the best ? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock