Search the forum,

Discuss Hive room stat or equivalent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Evening all i need to change my room stat as ours is on the blink and being my own gaff I fancy a hive stat and receiver that can be controlled by our iphones or a equivalent. The only place I seen hive is through British gas, being a plumber I kindly won't pay them toe rags way over the odds to install what I can with my eyes shut.
any recommendations lads

oh and

WELL DONE YOU GUNNERS

Don't personally like the hive, as its collecting data from your movements.
Salus it500 is cheap and easy to set
Heatmiser neostats are a bit dearer, but good to set up on phone or manually on the stat.

Graham's sell it.

Failing that Most controls companies offer something like it Ray is selling a salus one at a reasonable price and I have to say it looks nothing like the usual tat salus make I was actually impressed with its appearance not fitted one though but a few guys here have so they'd be better placed to pass judgment

I've fitted the salus on my own system, easy to setup and use, got it from Williams.
A few weeks ago my wife and I were in Northern Ireland, my daughter came home due to an invasion of mice in her house, and rather than trying to explain to her how to get the heating on, I sat in the Ballymac having a meal and switched the heating on for her, some 300 mile trip away. Excellent.

We refuse to deal with BG for lots of reasons.

Honeywell Evohome, Heatmiser NEOstat, Salus.... depends how much control you want

There are quite a few options you can go with now, as this kind of technology seems to become more widely available. One recommendation I can make (from personal experience) is a Heat Genius Thermostat.

If you want to look into it more -> https://www.heatgenius.co.uk/how-it-works/ I haven't used the Hive so I won't be able to offer advice on that. But I do know that all of these kind of Smart Thermostats/Heating Systems are supposed to save you money in the long term

My only concern with HeatGenius would be - where will they be in 2/3 years when there's a fault? It seems more expensive than the evohome, and you know honeywell will be about still in 10 years...

Heat Genius Ltd is a typical start up tech company (Do a company check on them, the two directors are already spinning the intellectual property out to another company - Genius Solutions Ltd) They'll be looking for more VC in a short while as they are currently churning through a lot of cash - needs someone to buy them out ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hive room stat or equivalent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock