Search the forum,

Discuss High flow rate combis in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPH

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Just got a job doing a 4 storey house that's being completely renovated by a builder, the spec said 24KW system boiler and 300 litre unvented cylinder, which for them is about right.

Met up with the customer today and says he wants a combi as this is his holiday home therefore on arrival he wants instant hot water. He suggested a Glow Worm Ultrapower as his friend has one in another property, am I right in thinking this still has to heat up the stored water anyway otherwise it just works as a combi?

Wondering what all your thoughts are on possibilities, those Alpha Flowsmarts interest me.

It is SEDBUK band A rated (SAP 2009), has a 2 year warranty and offers output of 37kW DHW - 28kW CH. All the major components are built in and the boiler and tank are separate for easier handling. There are a range of plug in control accessories including a weather compensator and wireless programmable room thermostats.
actoSTOR is a twin 7.5l stainless steel fully insulated storage tank which features the aquaSENSOR paddle with hall effect switch that detects the flow rate of hot water. The ecoTEC plus 937 features a fully modulating energy efficient pump with low power consumptions from 8 to 44W.

Assuming it's multiple bathrooms how about using a combi as a system boiler and plumbing the kitchen sink and one shower to the combi and the rest to the unvented.

Assuming it's multiple bathrooms how about using a combi as a system boiler and plumbing the kitchen sink and one shower to the combi and the rest to the unvented.

Decent idea.

Congratulations on your 2000 post.

Honestly never thought of that. There is an issue with draw off times where he wants the boiler fitted so if I could keep the cylinder as hoped I can install a secondary return.

Thanks for that.

I fitted a 937 a couple of months back and was impressed by it.....kinda suprised me how good it was on hw delivery with 2 showers running.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Doesn't the Vaillant 937 only spec 15 litres per minute on the hot water? Worcester highflow cdi 550 specs 25 litres per minute, it has a 50 litre hot water store, not sure what the performance is like after the store has ran out but I know a fair sized care home that has 2 of them and they're happy.

The last 2 customers I have had request highflow combi's I've sold them unvented systems. At least the Worcester highflow has a 22mm cold feed, I don't see the point in fitting high flow/storage combi's with 15mm main as surely that can't do 2 showers?

Did a 300 litre unvented today, they originally asked for a highflow. Had 2 power showers and the kitchen sink on downstairs all full on hot,wouldn't get that with any storage combi.

I know this isn't the point of the thread, some don't have the space for an unvented. Anyway I would look at the Worcester highflows if I was you as I think they wipe the floor with the competition.

I did recommend going unvented but they wanted a combi and according to my weir gauge i was getting 21litres a min from it....struggled to hold the thing under the tap!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to High flow rate combis in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi, Just checking I'm not talking rot. Today I visited a house with a Baxi 228 combi boiler. The technical spec for the DHW output is shown in the image. Boiler was installed 27 months ago. Baxi is claiming 13.3 litres @ DT 30. I set the boiler DHW temperature to a high setting. I was...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hello! Advice required, please. Trying to understand implications of pipe size, length of run, and number of junctions etc. en route between the incoming water feed to the Combi-boiler. For various reasons it is difficult to get from stopcock to boiler without taking indirect route back across...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler. All good, was working fine. Recently our old Potterton Suprima conventional boiler packed up and we decided to change to a Vaillant EcoTec COMBI...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock