Search the forum,

Discuss Help to find Radiator beteween valves 1350 mm in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there
I already removed old radiator because repainting room. I would like to change radiator to new one, also I would like not to drain system.
Space between valves 1350 mm.
Not sure wich radiator fits in new place.
Return valve ends 20 mm male, inlet ends 15 mm male.
Anyone with experience can advise which radiator would fit?

You will be able to use the fittings from the old radiator for the new. Unfortunately the brackets of the old will probably not fit the new. If you have pipework coming out of the floor you will be able to fit a radiator that is 1350mm in the same place without a problem.

Unfortunately wife want new radiator, she want bigger, therefore bought Kudox 1600x600 type 21 radiator.
Problem now because I have to fit somehow. It is out of centers not only for 1350 mm, is out of centers from wall to valve centers. Old copper pipes distance from wall to valve centers 50mm.
New copper pipe must come vertically from floor 66 mm distance from wall to valve center.
I already bought copper pipe and Yorkshire Copper Solder Ring Equal 90° Elbows. I would like to solder it below floorboards, already got acess to underfloor 15 mm copper pipes.
However when I asked friend, he suggested to leave one end untouched (that means old vertical pipe which comes 50mm distance from wall must be bent to fit 66mm from wall to valve center) .
Second pipe he want to cut it on top of floorboard, in visible place- that means underfloor piping going to be untouched. Also that means he will do a loop in visible place, extending pipe on top of floorboard to connect it to new radiator valve. Basicaly it will be kinda horizontal S letter made by copper pipe in visible place under radiator.
Never seen anything like that. Is it common?
Also please advise on all possible connections, including pushfits.
Boiler pressure for central heating I guess not exceeding 2 bars.
Thank you
IMG_6617.PNG

If you have access to the pipework under the floor then I would do the alteration there, you will need to alter both ends as on the new rad the centre of the connections will be further into the room , no easy way I am afraid it's a skill you either have or you don't . Kop

If you have access to the pipework under the floor then I would do the alteration there, you will need to alter both ends as on the new rad the centre of the connections will be further into the room , no easy way I am afraid it's a skill you either have or you don't . Kop
At the moment I think most reliable will be to put copper pipes (got one), x2 yorkshire copper solder ring elbows 90* each end and solder it.
I' ve got torch, flux, solder and sandpaper, also small metal brush to clean and abraze inside yorkshire copper solder elbows.
Also I can try to fit JG pushfits, but I do not preffer..

Reply to Help to find Radiator beteween valves 1350 mm in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock