Search the forum,

Discuss Help identifying this compression fitting please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, can anybody tell me who makes these 22mm plastic to copper tees?

They're installed all over my CH system (house built 2007) and this is the 2nd one to have leaked in last 12 months.

After cutting off the first one that leaked and replacing it with a SpeedFit I worked out I simply needed to tighten up the blue collar!

It has Wavin stamped in the blue collar but looks nothing like the stuff they sell?

The collar has holes in it and it looks like I need some kind of key to tighten it up?

Any help?

IMG_6427.jpg

In fairness, I bought my house 12 years ago and am still using some of the Speedfit fittings that were in place under the sink when I bought the place. Provided I take them out to clean and regrease them every few years and don't knock them they don't leak at all.

When I get around to fitting the 'new' sink it'll be copper only though :)

Thanks for all the replies guys. I've emailed Wavin as I can't find a tool on the web that looks like it will fit the small round holes on this fitting. I've also ordered some ÂŁ2 circlip pliers off eBay!!!

Reply to Help identifying this compression fitting please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, Have had a leak on my UFH manifold. Originally incorrectly diagnosed as being the nuts/washer to the pump, it now looks like it's coming from this thermostatic valve. Have tried googling "ufh thermostatic valve" and none of them look like this or have connectors like this (guessing part...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems to be slightly smaller than 22 mm compression fitting and when I tighten the compression nut the whole fitting is easily sliding off the pipe and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping that someone could please identify what this leaking fitting is, such that I can explain it to a plumber. Not sure whether the groove on the top is a location where you can tighten these "fittings", or whether that is best left to a professional to deal with. Many thanks for any help.
Replies
Views
Hi , I'm wondering whether anybody can help me at all ? My boiler has started making noises which I am unable to identify. If anybody is able to guide me to the route of the issue itll be massively appreciated. I'm looking for an idea of how much it will cost to get it repaired. The water has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to replace the cartridge on a shower installed in 2007 and I can't find any identifying marks apart from a sticker that says CKL Sch. I've tried the local plumbing stores but they can't identify the cartridge. It has a 40 mm thread. 4 photos below and any help would be much...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock