Search the forum,

Discuss Heating comes on full blast when hot water only should be on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexjramsay

Hi

I have a baxi Bermuda back boiler, honeywell thermostat and timer too. After resetting the time two days ago the heating now comes on as well as the hot water even though switched off on the timer.

All radiators come on full, the stat is down as low as it goes, any ideas on a fix or steps to avoid problem? House is like a sauna!

Thanks

welcome to the forum alex, I presume you have set the timer wrong, post a picture of the timer

could be your three way or two way valve(whichever you have) is not working correctly and letting by. could be coincidence that the timer was reset at the same time.

could actually be a fault with timer???
my mother had this recently and thats what it turned out to be .

Hi thanks for the replies - Its not the timer being set wrong - I've reset it many times over the last 6 years here and have had this problem intermittently. I do think there is a fault with the timer as often changes to a random time and settings, like 2:80!

So changing the 3 way valve and/or the timer- DIY job or professional needed?

professional required, find the valve and check if the opposite side to the connection going into ur cylinder is getting hot, if so y plan needs changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating comes on full blast when hot water only should be on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock