Search the forum,

Discuss Heating and Ho****er Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tomolewis

Hello All,

Unsure if this is the right place but hopefully somebody can help!

I have just ( November) moved into a flat and its electric only, The system hasn't been configured very well and me being a novice to an all electric system has resulted in a £350 bill for two months :cry_smile:. Only my self to blame but I need to get a handle on it.

The flat is a two bed two bathroom set above 4 garages so almost like a detached house really.

QUESTIONS

1) I have 6 x 1000w Convectors, two in the living room dining room, 1 in the kitchen 1 in the hall and one in each of the bedrooms. I also have electric heated towel rails in the bathrooms.

These are controlled by a Micro Driver Fil Pilote 2H.

Due to the nature of my work I work from home at least two days a week but those days are not fixed. I would ideally like to have something via an app ideally that would work via location so it would know when im home and when im not.

As an alternative I was thinking that I could just turn off the power to the Micro Driver but will it remember its settings if I turn it off??

2) I have a Range Tribune HE with two immersion heaters run from Timers, I am wondering how long the water stays hot for in these?

I normally have a shower when I get up between 7 - 8.30am and when I get home between 6 - 8 pm with warm water to wash plates etc etc

Any scheduling tips would be great.

Many thanks

Thanks for the heads up........ I did google but couldnt find any decent forums for electric heating systems :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating and Ho****er Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and realised that there is no room external thermostat wired to the Ideal Combi boiler. There is only mechanical timer on it. I saw some videos on Internet that mechanical timer can be replaced with electrical one but i am not sure if it is compatible with...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old Combi boiler for which the heating has stopped working. The hot water is fine, and I think I've isolated the problem to the pump. The pump is a Grundfos Alpha2, and it has usually has two numbers, but it is instead showing two dashes ( -- ). I think the propeller isn't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock