Search the forum,

Discuss Grant combi flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive not got much experiance fitting grant combi's. I tend to prefer worcester combi boilers but a customer has specified a grant on this occasion. Ive had a quick online search but could not find the info im after. Do the grant combi's come with a sided flue exit option? Idealy id be looking at a left hand low level flue exit?

think so, go to the grant website and have a look, its all on there

I had a look at the flue systems and couldnt find any info on side exit, the worcesers need an elbow to achive this, unless the whole system is just rotated 90*

Grant flues go out the rear, left or right. Just make sure you measure correctly to get the right length and any extentions needed. PM me if you need more info. Been installing grant products for over 10 years.

Would choose Grant over Worcester every time. It's all I install now. A doddle to fit. You can download all the fitting instructions on their website.

On some of them I tend to change the prefitted 22mm outlets for longer ones, and alter the orientation of the prefitted compression elbows when fitted. I generally don't trust the push fit fittings that come with them in the fittings kits after a bad experience once and use my own compressions instead.

Had to fit a new Worcester combi at customers request last week.... What an absolute POS, gripped the side panels to move into place and the whole thing just fell apart. Where as last year a delivery driver dropped a grant boiler off his tail lift, and apart from a couple of bent panels it was still in one piece.

Worcester's aren't the same as they were before the company got taken over. Pain in the butt to work on, and a bit feebly made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grant combi flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock