Search the forum,

Discuss Gloworm 30hxi or Worcester Bosch 24ri ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sharonbetty

Need to replace our horrendous Baxi Envoy (a condensing boiler) which has almost put me on tranquillisers - I think I know how all Heateam engineers like their tea/coffee by now!! Reliability is the key. 13 radiators, 1 bathroom and 1 ensuite. System Boiler not combi. Have had Gloworm 30hxi and Worcester Bosch 24ri recommended. Maybe I shouldn't believe everything I read but the WHICH report doesn't think too highly of both of these! Any thoughts/recommendations? Many thanks.

make sure your rgi checks your dcw flow rate & pressure before you possibly buy a boiler that cant perform to its full capabilities.Assuming all is ok irrespective of make i would estimate 30-35kw boiler.Your rgi should be able to size it and advise u accordingly. So if they dont check the rates dont use em! good luck!

sorry just seem the system boiler bit! Still a good RGI will calculate ur needs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gloworm 30hxi or Worcester Bosch 24ri ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I’m new here and due to have a new boiler fitted. Does anyone have recommendations or thoughts on either the Worcester 8000 40KW Combi or the Baxi 40kw Platinum or the Valliant EcoTec Plus 838. The Worcester is the most costly but I’m happy to pay more if it means a better boiler (long term...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, just after a little advice please. I must be very fortunate, as I have a 28 year old Valiant VCW-GB242-EH Combi Boiler, which over the 28 years has only had minor leaks caused by the odd gasket and rubber diaphragm replacement...Fingers crossed. I do however realise that the party may...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, I have the boiler as above which has been very good for the last 13 years or more and is still relatively going strong. However, now, the secondary heat exchanger is kettling and the easiest option is to replace it. Although Worcester Bosch do sell a cleaning kit, whatever route I take, I'll...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock