Search the forum,

Discuss Glow Worm vs Ideal Logic vs Vaillant vs Worcester in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevo72

Hi,

I am considering a new combi install. I have been quoted for 4 choices of boiler...

1) Glow Worm Ultracom 30 CXi
2) Ideal Logic+ 30
3) Vaillant Eco Tech 831
4) Worcester 32CDi

My rads are only 8 years old and clean inside as far as I am aware.

Your opinion is welcome ( see Poll above this post).

Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say the vaillant is the best, then the logic, then the Worcester, then the glow worm

Out of that lot I'd pick the logic then vaillant and I'd throw the other two in the bin

I'd also go back to the chap who quoted the logic and ask him for a comparison in price against the ideal vogue given that it has a longer warranty

Logic plus for me too. But as Rob said also ask for a quote on a ideal vogue with a ten year guarantee.

we all have out favs but once you get to this output of boiler,they are all good and have long warranty from the makers
I would say the glowworm may well bite you in the bum down the line with a new pcb

the vaillant is a super boiler,own glowworm and now flues have been sorted out..you will be pleased with,many say their controls let them down,to complicated and not customer friendly

Many do not like the Logic as their hands have been burned badly by past Ideal models but they brought in a outside design team in to build this line and seems to have paid off,that and the super long cover is selling this model well..and just about keeping the company afloat

Worcester have always been a good boiler,teamed up with Bosch in the Eu mainland..some say over priced,they spend a lot on advertising..someone has to pay...this is my chose..just because of track record..as said all these boilers are good
Surprised no one has offered you a baxi....

Last edited by a moderator:
Working in Service/repair and seeing all all these models on a daily basis; stay away from the piles of junk from Worcester & Glow-worm. That was the easy part!
Out of the other 2 it would probably be Ideal Logic.

Working in Service/repair and seeing all all these models on a daily basis; stay away from the piles of junk from Worcester & Glow-worm. That was the easy part!
Out of the other 2 it would probably be Ideal Logic.

Someone who sees the world from a sensible point of view

Avoid the Glow Worm, I'd go for Either the logic + or Vaillant but preferably a Vogue 32 ;)

Logic family - a doddle to use
Vaillant ecotec plus pull up a chair and spend a day reading the instructions

Thanks for the replies.

Ideal Vogue - didn't mention this because it's ÂŁ300 more for extra 3 year warranty and the Logic+ already has a good reputation.

Baxi - didn't include this because I'm replacing a Baxi HE 133 which has always been temperamental. So not happy with Baxi.

Didn't include other makes because it might be harder to find installers/fitters with experience of them.

But I have discovered something whilst not having the availability of a gas boiler. My gas fire outputs 1-5 KWh and heats my lounge up nicely. My kettle can boil hot water for a bird bath. A cold bedroom is easier to fall asleep in. Hence, not running a 30-35 KWh gas boiler has saved on a heck of a lot of gas. Just like the good old days before we had central heating.

ÂŁ300 more?? Are you buying it from Harrods?
Should be ÂŁ150 ish tops for a similar output

viessman for me, a bullet proof boiler.
glad to hear the reviews abut the Worcester boiler on here,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow Worm vs Ideal Logic vs Vaillant vs Worcester in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the boiler kicks into that mode, and sits there heating tap water that isn't going anywhere. Sometimes this happens if a cold tap has been used or the loo...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
I am looking for some basic advice please My house is on two floors, approx 240m2 and a spacious loft with good headroom and access. Glow Worm 30HXi boiler burning LPG housed in a ground floor attached storage room running 16 radiators including 6 doubles and a standard low output shower on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per the thread title, I have an Ideal Logic Combi 30 and I am having a problem with the pump, which keeps activating without any DHW/DCH. When the pump activates, it runs for exactly 4 minutes each time and this can happen as frequently as something like 5 times an hour or as...
Replies
Views
Another boiler suggestion post. 4 bed detached house built 20 years ago with cavity wall insulation and double glazing. 1 bathroom and separate ensuite shower. 2 adults and 1 child. Cold water flow is 20l/m. 16 radiators but 6 are single panel. Already have Tado which supports OpenTherm. Want...
Replies
Views
Hello all! Can I please have some professional opinion on our ongoing problems with our Glow-worm Fuelsaver mk11. Now I know the simplist answer will be "replace the boiler" but during these uncertain times it's not an option. We have a BG homecare policy and have now had 4 engineers working on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock