Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm hot water problem - please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I’d really appreciate some guidance as I’m now utterly confused. My boiler (compact 100e) seems to be working ok except can be very slow to produce hot water from the taps (starts off cool slowly warming to reasonably hot, particularly if CH has been off), and also at times just luke warm water esp to bath... although if I run the tap very slowly I get much hotter water. Running the hot water does not heat the radiators.

So far I’ve had 3 RGIs in- partly for quote for new boiler - one says it’s the diverter valve, one says the plate heat exchanger, the 3rd says it’s the thermister. They all sound pretty sure! I’ve looked online and posted on another forum and been advised it’s the PCB there, and I see an old thread on here which seems to suggest it’s the DHW microswitch.
gloworm compact 100e boiler problem??

I don’t know who to go with, don’t want to end up replacing one after another.. surely it’s possible to work out which is the problem. I’d be really grateful for any advice.

Hi thanks for the helpful replies. I contacted glow-worm and they said they couldn’t offer the fixed price repair as the boiler is on their obsolete list!!
So perhaps I’ll get the cheaper options done as suggested thanks Matchless - the dhw micro switch is it this part:
Glowworm S801199 Compact 2 Wire Flow Switch | AK Gas Appliance & Spares Ltd
Or this one ?
Glowworm S801189 Compact 3 Wire Flow Switch | AK Gas Appliance & Spares Ltd

I phoned akgas and they can’t advise which I need but say the s801199 is a micro switch, and s801199 is the glow switch. How do these differ, and is it the s801199 that I need?

If you don't trust the advice from your engineer get another one out

Hi thanks for the helpful replies. I contacted glow-worm and they said they couldn’t offer the fixed price repair as the boiler is on their obsolete list!!
So perhaps I’ll get the cheaper options done as suggested thanks Matchless - the dhw micro switch is it this part:
Glowworm S801199 Compact 2 Wire Flow Switch | AK Gas Appliance & Spares Ltd
Or this one ?
Glowworm S801189 Compact 3 Wire Flow Switch | AK Gas Appliance & Spares Ltd

I phoned akgas and they can’t advise which I need but say the s801199 is a micro switch, and s801199 is the glow switch. How do these differ, and is it the s801199 that I need?
Unfortunately, I cannot give you any advise on what part you require as I do not know the boiler serial number and furthermore I would not give any gas related advise further on an open forum. However, if you contact a couple of gas safe reg. Plumbers they will surely know what part is required. But do not be upset if someone changes a part and it still doesn’t work. As mentioned above it could be a few issues.

Reply to Glow worm hot water problem - please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock