Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm easicom 28 leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E853C735-937D-4A4E-B4BA-EB0FC84C4879.jpeg 82C26BD3-AD12-49AD-BC35-BC5CF4F4A92A.jpeg
82C26BD3-AD12-49AD-BC35-BC5CF4F4A92A.jpeg
E853C735-937D-4A4E-B4BA-EB0FC84C4879.jpeg
Morning all,

I have a slight leak issue with my combi boiler. I have noticed that there seems to be some water leaking from the bottom of my boiler, when I removed the cover just to see if I could spot the source I noticed there wasn’t really anything obvious until I accessed behind the controls. Looking at the manual of the boiler it appears to be the 3 way valve and what could be the o-ring inside breaking down. I’ve attached some photos to show what I have found. I have an engineer coming out but I wanted to just get some advice and idea of what this may cost?

Yes your diagnosis is correct it will need replacing and will eventually short the motor out a GS engineer needed.Kop

Put the cover back on your boiler and please get a Gas Safe Engineer our. Your case is an integral part to the whole system. Please do not open it again.

Put the cover back on your boiler and please get a Gas Safe Engineer our. Your case is an integral part to the whole system. Please do not open it again.

I have an engineer coming out and I have put the cover back on. I had no intention of actually doing any work to the boiler myself. I am however an engineer in a different trade so didn’t feel undoing two screws to remove the cover to have a look a problem.

I have an engineer coming out and I have put the cover back on. I had no intention of actually doing any work to the boiler myself. I am however an engineer in a different trade so didn’t feel undoing two screws to remove the cover to have a look a problem.
However what you didn’t mention is the seal on the inside of said case which you have now disturbed. Not saying you are not a competent person. Saying you shouldn’t be taking it off. But glad you have an Gas Safe attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm easicom 28 leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone tell me of a boiler equivalent to a Glow worm micron 30ff. I am not sure what one I should get?
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm horizontal flue right? I mean when a bg gas engineer tells you that you'll have to change the whole boiler as well because you can apparently no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Throughout our house there are numerous isolation valves which are on almost every plumbing fixture. Clearly whoever plumbed this had a thing for using them but I have heard elsewhere that they cause problems and are prone to leaking, especially when used after long periods. I noticed a...
Replies
Views
P
Does anyone know where I can find the decibel rating for the British Gas 330+ boiler? I'm looking to get it replaced and wanted to compare it against the Glow worm energy 18r or 25r boilers (18W or 25W) or does anyone have any experience of these two models in terms of how noisy they are?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock