Search the forum,

Discuss Glow-worm central heating system not heating up properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I'm looking for some help or advice about why my central heating is not heating up fully. The radiators are heating up a bit, but most are not hot. The upstairs ones near the boiler are hottest. The boiler is a Glow-worm Ultracom2 30SXi. Looking at the control panel, the temperature is generally around 40 degrees and the radiator indicator is flashing (which I think indicates that the central heating is active). Every 3 or 4 mins, the burner fires up for about 30 seconds and the temperature indicator rises to about 60 degrees before the burner seems to shut-off and temperature drops again. Central heating water temperature is set to 70 degrees, so it seems to shutdown way before this.

I'm guessing there is a circulation problem, but there is no error shown on the boiler. The output hot pipe does get hot when the burner runs, but soon cools down.

Any advice gratefully received as it is not warm tonight.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow-worm central heating system not heating up properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock